Retired Teenagers: the story of a Glasgow club night

Johndenis

Hiya!
I've written a book about my adventures running a Glasgow club night between 2003 to 2012.  
It's not too long, all killer no filler.  More details are below.
Thanks very much - if this isn't permitted of course just delete, and my apologies!
John D.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/RETIRED-TEENAGERS-Story-Glasgow-Night/dp/1739656202

“A rollicking good read about the ups and downs of club promotion. Highly enjoyable!”
– JD TWITCH (OPTIMO ESPACIO)

“It would appear that I missed out.”
– JARVIS COCKER (PULP)

“A great snapshot of a special time in the Glasgow music scene that brings to life those weird and wonderful nights where imagination and passion ran wild to create unforgettable memories – unless you’d had too much to drink.”
– JOHN MCMUSTARD (COLONEL MUSTARD AND THE DIJON 5)

Retired Teenagers tells how “Pin Up Nights” promoted performances by Guest DJs and live acts from around the world – including The National, Florence Welch, MGMT, Tony Wilson (Factory Records), Super Furry Animals and Wild Beasts – as well as Scottish stars of the future – including The Twilight Sad, Glasvegas, The Fratellis, Chvrches, and Frightened Rabbit.

Between 2003 and 2012 Pin Ups carved its own unique niche, growing from a few friends in a pub basement, to staging chaotic and hilarious parties attended by thousands.

Retired Teenagers is essential reading for fans of indie rock, synth pop and Glasgow nightlife in the noughties, as well as containing plenty of advice for anyone promoting their own events.

Edited by Johndenis
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Johndenis said:

Hiya!
I've written a book about my adventures running a Glasgow club night between 2003 to 2012.  
It's not too long, all killer no filler.  More details are below.
Thanks very much - if this isn't permitted of course just delete, and my apologies!
John D.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/RETIRED-TEENAGERS-Story-Glasgow-Night/dp/1739656202

“A rollicking good read about the ups and downs of club promotion. Highly enjoyable!”
– JD TWITCH (OPTIMO ESPACIO)

“It would appear that I missed out.”
– JARVIS COCKER (PULP)

“A great snapshot of a special time in the Glasgow music scene that brings to life those weird and wonderful nights where imagination and passion ran wild to create unforgettable memories – unless you’d had too much to drink.”
– JOHN MCMUSTARD (COLONEL MUSTARD AND THE DIJON 5)

Retired Teenagers tells how “Pin Up Nights” promoted performances by Guest DJs and live acts from around the world – including The National, Florence Welch, MGMT, Tony Wilson (Factory Records), Super Furry Animals and Wild Beasts – as well as Scottish stars of the future – including The Twilight Sad, Glasvegas, The Fratellis, Chvrches, and Frightened Rabbit.

Between 2003 and 2012 Pin Ups carved its own unique niche, growing from a few friends in a pub basement, to staging chaotic and hilarious parties attended by thousands.

Retired Teenagers is essential reading for fans of indie rock, synth pop and Glasgow nightlife in the noughties, as well as containing plenty of advice for anyone promoting their own events.

Did you ever book Carl Cox and did he drop the news of his performance before intended? 
If not, this post may get a bit lost... 

1 hour ago, blutarsky said:

Did you ever book Carl Cox and did he drop the news of his performance before intended? 
If not, this post may get a bit lost... 

No, No!  But tell you what, I'd recommend listening to the great man on The Line-Up with Shaun Keaveny: Carl Cox - Apple Podcasts ... he was dead interesting.  Proper mad muso.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/26/2022 at 6:22 PM, rottencrotch said:

I loved pin up nights! I was at the NME afterparty show you did in the Flying Duck with Florence Welch which was....some night 🙂 

Thank you 😆 that was certainly a Good One, Florence was so shy and retiring.