Ashcombe park and ride

paulfoel

Anyone stayed there? Whats it like in terms of:-

1. Distance to walk (I'm use to walking from campervan fields). (Actually where in glasto site do you go in)

2. Toilets - usable?

3. Showers - they got any?

4. Shuttle bus - they got one? Any good? Cost?

5. Better for getting in/out and away Sun night/mon am? (Problem I found in campervan field is people just park like twats so I had a nightmare getting my caravan out on sunday night)

Bit concerned there are still space available lol. If it was good it'd be full :-)

I parked there last year. It's about a 15 min walk to either Gate A or Gate D. It is very crowded the caravan will be close to another one  

The toilet was acceptable. There was a shower it was £2. 

Very easy to get in and out. Far easier than any of the car parks. 

Shuttle bus was useless last year. Doubt they will be running it this year. 

On 4/18/2016 at 9:40 PM, al_coholic said:

I parked there last year. It's about a 15 min walk to either Gate A or Gate D. It is very crowded the caravan will be close to another one  

The toilet was acceptable. There was a shower it was £2. 

Very easy to get in and out. Far easier than any of the car parks. 

Shuttle bus was useless last year. Doubt they will be running it this year. 

Bit of a walk then...

Theres two (parties) of us going. One going Tuesday night one wednesday night. What do you reckon chances of them allowing group 1 to keep a space next to them?

Also, you say the spaces are tight. Awnings on caravans allowed?

Awnings allowed(extra charge) still worked out cheaper than campervan ticket! They are very friendly just email your request and normally answer straight away, be aware when you go into festival thurs you will come back to a rammed field so make sure your van area staked eg. windbreaks etc. We're going to use it again this year rather than camper field, brick toilet block can be busy but who cares flush toilet lol.. Plus on Monday no 2hr+ queue to leave 5mins at most sorted!!!!