Suggested routes/venues for a Thursday bar crawl

tweed1981

Its my first Glasto and I've been tasked with arranging a bar crawl for Thursday, a couple of our group have been before and they would like to take in a few of the more interesting bars and they suggested that Thursday would be a good day to do it.

Here are the parameters:

We are staying in CVE so it needs this start from around here (ped gate D? Correct me if I'm wrong)

I'd like to end it around Silver Hayes, only because a few of us want to checkout Circoloco and Jesus which are both here. This bit isn't crucial but as I'm organising it I may as well engineer this bit in.

I will print off a map at work tomorrow and mark all the suggestions off.

So what are your suggested venues/routes?

Edited by tweed1981

The end of the year Mendip District Council license report for 2014 listed 90+ bars.

Now where they all are I would not have a clue but I do know the WBC and Avalon ones but as I am not a big drinker I only stick to a few.

it would be true to say that over the past 36 years going to Glastonbury I have worked in more bars than I have been a Customer in.

some of the most claimed interesting bars are not even public bars - some can be reached by a GFL Crew wristband - some issue a special wristband for customers when the build takes place { but again you need a GFL Crew wristband in order to reach them } - it all looks far more trouble than its worth even although I have a GFL Crew wristband.

even if it was possible to reach them all it would be a bloody expensive bar crawl + seeing the person would be blind drunk they would never get served in most.

I just hope we don't end up with many of these bar crawls.