Registration photo

MrIan

Hey,

So, I'm slightly concerned about my registration photo in that I have a completely shaved head in the photo. Since I secured my ticket in October I've grown my hair enough to make me wonder if this will cause me a problem at the gate.

I'm updating my driving licence so I'll have hair in that photo.

Am I worrying about nothing? Clearly my face shouldn't have changed, but my ticket photo does look somewhat different with the shaved head! I could just shave it off again but I've grown used to it now! Lol.

I've even considered taking cordless clippers so I can shave it at the gate if it got that bad!

Anyone have any experience with photo problems at the gate?

Cheers..

I'm interested in this too cause got our tickets today and looking at it my Boyf looks nothing like his pic really as he has grown a beard now. And the pic on the ticket is actually quite dark! He will bring other id with him anyways but scarey to think there could be an issue.... Eeek!! Haaa could I get my wish that he he ditches the beard.

I'm interested in this too cause got our tickets today and looking at it my Boyf looks nothing like his pic really as he has grown a beard now. And the pic on the ticket is actually quite dark! He will bring other id with him anyways but scarey to think there could be an issue.... Eeek!! Haaa could I get my wish that he he ditches the beard.

Haha! We can meet up at the gate and have a mass shaving! Lol

This happened to me in 2011. My photo is of a debonair handsome charming man, with brown hair. I then aged rapidly, and grew a beard for 1 year and turned into Captain Birdseye. Coming in from the CV fields, my photo was checked and I was looked at each time, but I was enough like me (after all, it is my photo on the ticket) to get in without further DNA swabs, or even additional ID.

The Stewards are checking all the details and keeping things going smoothly, but I reckon you'll be ok.

We are in CV west so I know from last year that they were quite thorough checking pics every time... Sunglasses off good look at you etc!! Haaa I've warned him as he has never done campervan before.... But the beard stays Haaa!! The pic is in black and white also But as you say it is a picture of him! So I'm sur it be grand!!

This happened to me in 2011. My photo is of a debonair handsome charming man, with brown hair. I then aged rapidly, and grew a beard for 1 year and turned into Captain Birdseye. Coming in from the CV fields, my photo was checked and I was looked at each time, but I was enough like me (after all, it is my photo on the ticket) to get in without further DNA swabs, or even additional ID.

The Stewards are checking all the details and keeping things going smoothly, but I reckon you'll be ok.

That's reassuring. At the end of the day the photo is of me, I'll have driving licence, utility bill, ticket emails on my phone and the debit card I paid for the tickets with. Not much more I can do after that!

I'll still be packing my cordless clippers though...just in case

Gonna make sure he has all those iD related things with him too, to be sure to be sure! And I know who to look for if emergency de-bearding is required Haaa

Good luck! I'm sure you'll have no problems anyway.

That's reassuring. At the end of the day the photo is of me, I'll have driving licence, utility bill, ticket emails on my phone and the debit card I paid for the tickets with. Not much more I can do after that!

At worst , you will be sent back up the hill to the ticket office , they will ask you a few questions

and send you back with a bit of paper saying its OK let him in and party :)

At worst , you will be sent back up the hill to the ticket office , they will ask you a few questions

and send you back with a bit of paper saying its OK let him in and party :)

Awesome, it's sounds as though my hair might just survive...that'l please the wife!

My mate has a stupid photo, i told him passport style, but his photo is off him chilling on a sundbed, feet up, bit of a distance away and half of his face covered by a pint glass he is drinking, and hes been in twice so far and they aint rejected it