Wild Copse Camping- Whats it like?

Guest eurythmicqueen

Hey Bestivalads and Bestivalettes!

Can anyone give me some inside info on the Wild Copse Campsite? Seeing as Im getting a bit old now, we've decided to upgrade a little.

Plus we wont have to drag our stuff down that crazy hill again!!!

What are searches like on the way in? We're travelling by coach so won't have much booze with us anyway.. are there sniffer dogs at that entrance?

Are the showers all they're expected to be? ie actual running water, rather than the feeling of being spat on once..

And mainly, did you have a royally good effing time in there?

Thanks!

Z x

I think the Wild Copse Camping is actually run separate from Bestival, and I know they had a few complaints a couple of years ago about the showers not being all that good, however RDB and co are very good at taking onboard peoples suggestions and taking them on to improve the festival. Regarding Showers, Might be worth popping down to Go Outdoors or The Range and picking up a solar shower for about £6. I wont go to a festival without one. One fill will usually get 3 people showered, and you dont have to queue up to use them (maybe have to queue at the water point for a bit).

I havent personally seen sniffer dogs on the entrance, but I have seen a massive group of people inside the festival just after going in from first entry being rounded up and cuffed by the police. Isle Of Wight is covered by Hampshire Police I believe, and they are notoriously hot on trying to get people for drugs (see the Boomtown chat pages), however I've never been searched (never carried anything in), and I dont personally know anyone who's had any bother.

There is a loosely enforced alcohol limit policy. Only allowed to take drink in on your first visit to site, and the website does state that you are only allowed one crate. I remember last year seeing one prick security actually taking peoples drink off them at the gate for having more than this, despite every other person letting everyone through.

And finally, Yes you will have an effing good time. Its been consistently my favourite festival of the past few years. Lots of new music to enjoy, and the friendliest crowd that are up for a good party. (Of course thats just my opinion). Look out for the secret disco too. They had one in 2011 where you went through a secret Photo booth, and in 2013 you went through an out of order portaloo. Oh, and get up early and do the tobogan run before the queues build up, thats a good bit of fun =)