Pyramid bonfire - shame on you!

Guest Mr Ploppy

What a sight!

A crowd of baying disrespectful fire worshipers jumping and down as if it was the best thing they'd ever seen in their lives.... until the next wannabe finds a chair or something else on the pyramid field to thrown on and increase the flames as a cheer goes up.

Bangs going off too so I presume some kinds of pressurised containers or canisters were being thrown on too by the numbskulls - jeez - I thought I'd seen the last of that when I stopped going to the Leeds Festival.

I've got a long history of going to Glasto and havent seen such stupidity and ridiculousness as I saw on that Sunday night. Not only did everyone ignore the danger of putting canisters on a big bonfire, but the roars of support and glee as another discarded item was thrown on made me just look at these people and wonder why they chose Glastonbury to come and demonstrate they could act like animals.

I love a campfire, and I love a bonfire - but not with that level of destructive aggression that was being shown by people that acted like they had come from prehistoric times and throwing anything they could find on a fire was the height of enjoyment.

And lets not forget - this is someones land that they were allowed onto!

nope, I'm not gonna go on about the environmental impact of anything as my main concern was the shear aggression that was being shown and it was all quite unnerving to watch and at times I felt real shame on behalf of those who chose to take part in this stupid incident.

But hey...

Its all good - because 1 awesome young woman was telling people of shouting at them to stop. The fire crazed mob (and it was a mob) shouted her down and at one point I saw a big angry guy shouting at this woman as she told them to stop as she worked in the green fields or somewhere and was part of the cleanup crew that had to somehow clear it all up. He just towered over her and shouted back.

Very shameful indeed and I hope all those that felt the adrenaline kick in as they cheered with glee as people ran off to find anything to increase the size of this bonfire will please find yourself another festival that isnt about the good causes and messages that Glastonbury portrays.

If I was Michael or Emily Eavis... I'd be sat hearing about (or even seeing) that bonfire and wondering - "they dont deserve this, lets wind it all up right now".

Thank you for reading. :)

I was at my tent some distance away when I saw this - in all honesty, it took the fire "vehicle" a long time to get to it and start putting it out, but there could have been other fires elsewhere. The vehicle drove off quite quickly up the hill afterwards, followed by another one, so I reckon they were being kept busy by dickheads.

What a sight!

A crowd of baying disrespectful fire worshipers jumping and down as if it was the best thing they'd ever seen in their lives.... until the next wannabe finds a chair or something else on the pyramid field to thrown on and increase the flames as a cheer goes up.

Bangs going off too so I presume some kinds of pressurised containers or canisters were being thrown on too by the numbskulls - jeez - I thought I'd seen the last of that when I stopped going to the Leeds Festival.

I've got a long history of going to Glasto and havent seen such stupidity and ridiculousness as I saw on that Sunday night. Not only did everyone ignore the danger of putting canisters on a big bonfire, but the roars of support and glee as another discarded item was thrown on made me just look at these people and wonder why they chose Glastonbury to come and demonstrate they could act like animals.

I love a campfire, and I love a bonfire - but not with that level of destructive aggression that was being shown by people that acted like they had come from prehistoric times and throwing anything they could find on a fire was the height of enjoyment.

And lets not forget - this is someones land that they were allowed onto!

nope, I'm not gonna go on about the environmental impact of anything as my main concern was the shear aggression that was being shown and it was all quite unnerving to watch and at times I felt real shame on behalf of those who chose to take part in this stupid incident.

But hey...

Its all good - because 1 awesome young woman was telling people of shouting at them to stop. The fire crazed mob (and it was a mob) shouted her down and at one point I saw a big angry guy shouting at this woman as she told them to stop as she worked in the green fields or somewhere and was part of the cleanup crew that had to somehow clear it all up. He just towered over her and shouted back.

Very shameful indeed and I hope all those that felt the adrenaline kick in as they cheered with glee as people ran off to find anything to increase the size of this bonfire will please find yourself another festival that isnt about the good causes and messages that Glastonbury portrays.

If I was Michael or Emily Eavis... I'd be sat hearing about (or even seeing) that bonfire and wondering - "they dont deserve this, lets wind it all up right now".

Thank you for reading. :)

I think we may have seen the start of this (to the left as you look at the stage after Kasabian). What idiots! I will never get it 'I've had a great time at a festival so now I'm going to burn all my stuff and anything else I can find too!' - crazy'!

I wasn't a big fan of quite a few elements in the Black Keys/Kasabian crowd. My husband and I decided for Kasabian that we'd see how it goes and possibly leave after a couple of songs as we were so fed up by some of the behaviour in Black Keys. Seriously, who thinks it is acceptable to piss in a cup then drop it on the floor?! In what world is this OK? Even worse, at the start of Kasabian I saw cups of piss being thrown! This is not something I've seen before at Glastonbury but it is all revolting.

The only thing that made it marginally better was when someone stood on my foot and I yelped. The man was clearly off his face but was very apologetic. His girlfriend however, looked down her nose at me and said 'tell her to fuck off'. About five minutes later the man pissed into a cup then accidentally poured it down his girlfriends leggings and into her Wellies. She was furious. I sat there grinning and thinking how amazing Karma is.

I think we may have seen the start of this (to the left as you look at the stage after Kasabian). What idiots! I will never get it 'I've had a great time at a festival so now I'm going to burn all my stuff and anything else I can find too!' - crazy'!

I wasn't a big fan of quite a few elements in the Black Keys/Kasabian crowd. My husband and I decided for Kasabian that we'd see how it goes and possibly leave after a couple of songs as we were so fed up by some of the behaviour in Black Keys. Seriously, who thinks it is acceptable to piss in a cup then drop it on the floor?! In what world is this OK? Even worse, at the start of Kasabian I saw cups of piss being thrown! This is not something I've seen before at Glastonbury but it is all revolting.

The only thing that made it marginally better was when someone stood on my foot and I yelped. The man was clearly off his face but was very apologetic. His girlfriend however, looked down her nose at me and said 'tell her to fuck off'. About five minutes later the man pissed into a cup then accidentally poured it down his girlfriends leggings and into her Wellies. She was furious. I sat there grinning and thinking how amazing Karma is.

We would stood at the opposite side but saw the fire has we walked past.

We did stick around in the end but it all made me think that certain a bands seem to attract a really w***y crowd!

Unfortunately if the festival is going to court mainstream music fans by utilising such high profile mass media then it's going to attract the same crowds as the other mainstream music festivals that most of you look down upon. As someone very intelligently said in another thread Glastonbury can be split into two separate festivals, and the one that includes the Pyramid, Other and JP isn't that different from Reading or TITP. Why wouldn't it be? A lot of the same bands, coverage in the same medi, same target audience.