Campervan @ Weston Park info

Guest laura0403

Hi guys,

I was wondering if any of you could help, as V festivals website is a fucking joke considering all tickets are on sale, and no info on campervans yet, but that's another topic!!

I'm thinking of lending my mates motorhome. A few questions

• is there electric hook up available?
  • It is a 6 birth motorhome, if I purchase 2 campervan passes (1 pass admits 4) can all 6 sleep in the motorhome or will we have to rent 2 motorhomes?
  • how far away is it from the arena?
  • is it quiet?
  • what facilities are on there?
  • What time can you be on the campsite?
  • does it get full quick?
  • can I take a generator?
  • how far is the car park to the campervan site?
  • are we allowed on the normal campsites?

Any help would be great x

Hi Laura,

V Festival have changed their website and as you say the info is a little lacking (at this stage). I can give you some info on our experience and the details from the website for 2013, just consider it may change for 2014 (but I doubt it!).

a) No electric hook up is available. I think there may have also been restrictions on generators, although I cannot remember them specifically.

B) The limit is on the people allowed in a slot and also the size of the vehicle. Any more than 4 people and you would need a second pass. If the vehicle is over 6m (as I recall) it states you would also require an extra pass, regardless of numbers less than 4 (although I'm not sure how strictly this is enforced). So if you want 6 people you need 2 passes, what you do in those slots is then your choice. However, as I recall the terms state no tents (that said people did put tents up) and awnings are allowed.

c) The campervan area is purple campsite. This is the furthest from the arena. I'd say on a brisk walk it would take 15-20 minutes to walk campsite to arena. Along the way you have to pass through both an initial checkpoint (into the other campsites) and then through the arena turnstiles into the main arena.

d) Whether it is quiet or not I guess depends on who you pitch around. Generally we had no real issues sleeping, I would say it is quieter than a normal campsite as the people around are (generally) a little more mature.

e) The facilities I remember are fresh running water and the toilets (which we OK and cleaned on a regular basis). Obviously the whole area has lighting, is security fenced and there is security on the campsite.

f,g) I assume you can get there from the site opening 8am. However, you are likely to sit in a lot of traffic. We left around 9.30am to travel 25 miles, even in the camper which means you can go in a special lane to avoid much of the traffic around the site, we didn't set pitch until after 3pm as I recall. The pitch was fairly full when we got there, about 3/4 full, but that really isn't an issue and you are directed where to park anyway, it is just the case of an extra 2 minute walk (and there wasn't much happening Friday night anyway). Infact, last in and obviously first out, and getting out on Monday morning is even more of a hassle!

h) The carparks were really quite close (right behind) the campervan area. However, remember strictly you are not allowed in the campervan area without a wristband, so you couldn't access one to the other without a wristband. The police monitor the entrance road to campervan and security from the campsites side and speaking personally our wristbands where checked each time we left and returned.

i) If I remember rightly you can go into other campsites (the shower block was in one so this must be the case). However, I'm not sure the reverse would be true, i.e. others could not visit the campervan area as you have a different wristband and obviously they want to protect the more valuable property and the limits on people sleeping in a slot.

Hope that helps, for us campervan is well worthwhile.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

grhm, if I recall I think you will be OK, but cannot be 100% sure, have V not updated their website yet?

Chris, all I can remember is the official advice was no tents to be pitched in the campervan area. People did do this, but I guess security could make sure they didn't this year. Personally why would you pay £100 to take a transit and sleep in a tent! Why not just park the transit, carry the tent for 10 minutes and pitch it in a normal campsite, thereby saving £100!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Laura,

V Festival have changed their website and as you say the info is a little lacking (at this stage). I can give you some info on our experience and the details from the website for 2013, just consider it may change for 2014 (but I doubt it!).

a) No electric hook up is available. I think there may have also been restrictions on generators, although I cannot remember them specifically.

B) The limit is on the people allowed in a slot and also the size of the vehicle. Any more than 4 people and you would need a second pass. If the vehicle is over 6m (as I recall) it states you would also require an extra pass, regardless of numbers less than 4 (although I'm not sure how strictly this is enforced). So if you want 6 people you need 2 passes, what you do in those slots is then your choice. However, as I recall the terms state no tents (that said people did put tents up) and awnings are allowed.

c) The campervan area is purple campsite. This is the furthest from the arena. I'd say on a brisk walk it would take 15-20 minutes to walk campsite to arena. Along the way you have to pass through both an initial checkpoint (into the other campsites) and then through the arena turnstiles into the main arena.

d) Whether it is quiet or not I guess depends on who you pitch around. Generally we had no real issues sleeping, I would say it is quieter than a normal campsite as the people around are (generally) a little more mature.

e) The facilities I remember are fresh running water and the toilets (which we OK and cleaned on a regular basis). Obviously the whole area has lighting, is security fenced and there is security on the campsite.

f,g) I assume you can get there from the site opening 8am. However, you are likely to sit in a lot of traffic. We left around 9.30am to travel 25 miles, even in the camper which means you can go in a special lane to avoid much of the traffic around the site, we didn't set pitch until after 3pm as I recall. The pitch was fairly full when we got there, about 3/4 full, but that really isn't an issue and you are directed where to park anyway, it is just the case of an extra 2 minute walk (and there wasn't much happening Friday night anyway). Infact, last in and obviously first out, and getting out on Monday morning is even more of a hassle!

h) The carparks were really quite close (right behind) the campervan area. However, remember strictly you are not allowed in the campervan area without a wristband, so you couldn't access one to the other without a wristband. The police monitor the entrance road to campervan and security from the campsites side and speaking personally our wristbands where checked each time we left and returned.

i) If I remember rightly you can go into other campsites (the shower block was in one so this must be the case). However, I'm not sure the reverse would be true, i.e. others could not visit the campervan area as you have a different wristband and obviously they want to protect the more valuable property and the limits on people sleeping in a slot.

Hope that helps, for us campervan is well worthwhile.

Hi Rusco,

Thanks so much for your detailed reply, much appreciated, hoping to try and get a generator in. Someone told me that when they went in a motorhome they were on a different campsite, with electric hook up, not sure how true this is????

Ticket sales are still pretty piss poor, has its benefits though, might help with the traffic and being over crowded with nob heads!!

Thanks again :biggrin:

• 2 months later...