Late night campervan arrivals?

Guest autoinflate

First year in a camper this time, after many years in tents.

We're planning to turn up Tuesday night, prob won't get in til midnight or so. What's the deal? I assume they just file you in like any other time of the day, but was wondering if this is any more hectic/scary than trying to get a big camper on during the day, and more importantly, if you can turn your van round the following morning if you want your awning pointing the other way?

any tips on this and general CV etiquette gratefully received...

:)

We were quite far back, around E18 I think but there still seemed to be a lot of people behind us too! It was okay and i was glad not to be closer in where some of the fields are very sloped. We can't get there until Wednesday night this year so it's likely to be a long walk for us although some people will tell you that they don't always fill the fields in a logical front to back order but I don't know if this is the case. Could just be pot luck!

First year in a camper this time, after many years in tents.

We're planning to turn up Tuesday night, prob won't get in til midnight or so. What's the deal? I assume they just file you in like any other time of the day, but was wondering if this is any more hectic/scary than trying to get a big camper on during the day, and more importantly, if you can turn your van round the following morning if you want your awning pointing the other way?

any tips on this and general CV etiquette gratefully received...

:)

As long as you don't get separated on the route in, you'll be fine. If you're one behind the other as you queue to get into the field, you should end up beside each other in the fields.

You'll be able to do a bit of position adjusting in the morning, but the stewards do tend to pack you in fairly tight so turning around may be a little difficult. There's always room to get out before your neighbours if you need to, but manoeuvring may be a little more tricky depending on where you end up! Just make sure you tell them to leave you enough room to fit your awning in!