Dropping off luggage for son in Car Park

Guest YouKidsAreAPain

My son his wife and two toddlers could only get coach tickets.

He wont be able to take his usual trolley full of big family tent, gear, prams etc on the bus.

So he is taking the minimum he needs on the bus and I was planning on driving to a car park with the trolley of all the other stuff.

We planned this and bought a car park pass, but I am horrified to read on the back of the car park pass that you can't get into a car park without a full glastonbury ticket.

We also looked at the option of the Drop-Off point at the showground, but that is miles away from the actual festival and again there are buses involved which probably will not take the garden trolley that my son uses for all his family camping and festivals.

Question : Will I be able to drive in to the car park to drop stuff off for him?

Any thoughts and suggestions appreciated.

Thanks.

Billy

You're unlikely to be able to get into the car parks without a festival ticket. My brain is formulating something like one of those puzzles where you have to get people across a lake with only one boat:

• Your son and his family get the coach to the festival with minimum stuff including the tent
  • Meanwhile you drive to Shepton Mallet and park up in Tesco's car park or similar, with the rest of the kit
  • When they get through the gates, your son's wife pitches the tent in family camping while your son walks to Gate A and gets the shuttle bus to Shepton Mallet. At Shepton, he gets into your car, drives to the car parks, brings the trolley in through the gates and meets his wife and kids back in family camping where they all unpack the kit. He then puts the trolley in the lockups.
  • Your son's wife has a lovely afternoon with the kids doing face painting in the Kidz Field while your poor knackered son walks back to car parks, gets in the car and drives back to meet you, who must be bored waiting by now, in Shepton Mallet.
  • You get back into your car and drive home. Your son gets on the bus back to Gate A, finds his family and has a VERY well deserved pint.

Phew... :D

Sounds like your son might have to pack a bit more lightly this year - he's got to get it all home again too!

pie & pint.. I bet you do crossword puzzles and rubics cube !

That is an awesome solution that would probably work, and give me son a hell of a start to his festival, especially if its raining hard!

I think I will just drive to the car park and blag it, they can only turn me away surely, and then I can try a different car park, much easier than shuttling and shuffling cars etc.

Billy

pie & pint.. I bet you do crossword puzzles and rubics cube !

That is an awesome solution that would probably work, and give me son a hell of a start to his festival, especially if its raining hard!

I think I will just drive to the car park and blag it, they can only turn me away surely, and then I can try a different car park, much easier than shuttling and shuffling cars etc.

Billy

Edited by pie_and_a_pint

You'll be alright getting into the carpark without a ticket. I've done it several times. Just tell them your friend is meeting you at the gate with your ticket because you're working on the info points or similar.

I always employ my favourite tactic of telling the steward I'm talking to that the last one I spoke to said it would be fine then pointing back and waving. They have no clue anyway and don't want to disrupt traffic flow. Plus you have a car park ticket.