Final numbers

Guest eddiepolio

No one will know apart from the promoters, it's not something that gets released apart from when an event sells out.

The press usually get given a rough number of attendees after the event, but how truthful the figures are is debatable (having worked plenty of events, I know the numbers given often don't match the crowd size).

It's a tough time for festivals, many are being cancelled and others being scaled back..

I'll be gutted if this gets binned next year. This is my 6th year in a row and wonder if the site will feel like the smaller set up it had 6 years ago. I actually haven't liked the set up the last few years as felt it was too big and spread out and a wee bit like t in the park.

The fact that Fatboy Slim was there at the birth of RockNess, and the ticket sales are so poor its only fitting he's here again for what is probably the last one.

Take a few years off and see about doing an anniversary special a few more years down the line, or even a single day rather than the whole weekend.

It's not just about the cost of acts, the cost of infrastructure which is usually hired out by the week is a huge part of an events budget, you would have less income from sponsor stands and traders at a 1 day event and less bar income.

Yeah sure you have less staff costs, and would probably need to do away with camping, but scaling it back to one day wouldn't really be feasible and a year off (if it came to it after reviewing this years figures) would be the best option.

Edited by Paul ™