Who do I see ?

Guest Fizzy2734

Really not a dance fan, but dont mind it at the same time, im a manic street preachers, stereophonics fan type, I did ask in another post about the dance tunes that blend pieces like film scores and the like into dance tracks ala 2 many djs and dj yoda, so what im asking is who are the people I should see without having to be initiated into their type of stuff?

Reverend & The Makers probably your best bet. I'm more into the bands than the DJs too, but i have to say its a pretty poor selection this year. But i'm willing to be proved wrong.

Doesn't seem to be anything like last year with the likes of The View (who quite literally were bringing the tent down so had to get rescheduled the next day to finish their set off), Sound of Guns, The Pigeon Detectives.

Alabama 3 should be a good set, can't say i'm familiar with any of it, but from what i hear they put on a decent live show.

It's certainly small enough you can wander.

Personally I think you would be a fruitcake to miss the Alabama 3. They're on main stage so should be easy to get to.

I also got to see The Maccabees supporting the Black Keys and the Maccas were amazing. Really really good grindy spacey psychedelic guitar work. I'd definitely see them again BUT as they clash I'll be seeing Basement Jaxx instead (who I once paid a fortune to see and then couldn't go) but you might consider heading into the Goldenvoice tent on Friday night.