80s Rewind Henley

Guest FluffyBeanie

Hi

I am off to Henley for the 80s Rewind Festival in August. While I am a festival veteran (loads of years done at V, IOW last year) Rewind is new to me. So, I'm after tips from those of you who were there last year or go every year...

You know the sort of thing - which is the best campsite? Are the showers any good or is it another year of baby wipes? Is the walk from the car park to the campsite really 5 minutes?

Any advice or pointers greatly appreciated.

Have a good summer everyone.

• 3 months later...

Can't comment on technicalities - cos we're never been - but someone we were speaking to last week was telling us that they go every year and how much they enjoy it all - so it sounds like, if you're into 80s music, you'll have a great time!

I've gone in a campervan for the last couple of years but the camping areas just flow into each other rather than separate campsites - all camping is very flat. The camping near to the entry gate will be no more than 5 minutes from the car but ovbiously will take longer the further up the field you go. There are showers but I've never used them - wetwipes when I camped and up-down wash now I have a van. Compared to other festivals (e.g. Glastonbury) the toilets are quite good although people still moan about them! I've always had a really good time at Rewind so hopefully you will too.

• 1 month later...

Also looking to go to this next year as didnt get tickets for Glastonbury so a good excuse to try something different and this really does appeal to me. They are about to announce a new Northern England venue which will be potentially great for me living in York!

Any info anybody can give on this festival would be greatly received. I imagine it's a pretty good atmosphere with mainly older (40+) attendees?

• 4 weeks later...

It's generally a good fun festival. We went to Henley as a 2012 Glasto "replacement". It's VERY middle class! We camped next to a couple who seemed to bring, quite literally, everything but the kitchen sink. Even down to a vase with a flower for their "dining table". She proceeded to complain that she couldn't get to the sink to wash up her pots and pans becaus people were brushing their teeth. I proceeded to bite my tongue...

There are some ridiculousnesses about it but we had a good time. Henley's lovely and we walked into the town each day for something to do early in the day. Quite like the idea of doing a boating holiday for a week and mooring up for the festival sometime but, line-up permitting (ie, if Holly Johnson plays), we'll probably go to the Cheshire one next year.