TRAVEL TO ROCKNESS

Guest skinzo

i was wondering if anyone could recommend a good company in Central Scotland that can provide a minibus with driver to take a group of us to Rockness & pick up on the Monday, 12 - 18 seater? Leaving from Cumbernauld

I had a look at the Happy Bus option but noticed they have a luggage limit (including only 1 case of beer). No good for me really as I have a massive coolbox that will be full of drink.

The train then shuttle bus would be another option but I have a suspicion that it might be more costly

If anyone has any advice or other recommendations I would be grateful.

I've always driven before but want to party right till the point I leave the campsite this year :)

We always go with Happy Bus and they've never said anything about a limit on luggage. Tunes banging, allowed to drink and smoke on the bus, great way to start the weekend. Driver stopped at McDonalds on the way home for us one year as well. I wouldnt travel to Rockness any other way now

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone gotten a taxi from train station to the site before, if so how much were you? We're heading up on the Thursday night for the VIP early entry so not expecting any queues like on the Friday, wondering more for the return leg on the Monday whether to book a taxi again or just get the shuttle bus into Inverness.

In 2010 we got a taxi from the Fairways travel lodge to Rockness! Was only £12, but taking into account for inflation and the train station being a bit further away from RN I would guess it would be around £15-20

I used a guy called Billy (used to post on here as Cab Driver) his firm was 01463 222222 but we booked him before we travelled! brilliant guy

i was wondering if anyone could recommend a good company in Central Scotland that can provide a minibus with driver to take a group of us to Rockness & pick up on the Monday, 12 - 18 seater? Leaving from Cumbernauld

I had a look at the Happy Bus option but noticed they have a luggage limit (including only 1 case of beer). No good for me really as I have a massive coolbox that will be full of drink.

The train then shuttle bus would be another option but I have a suspicion that it might be more costly

If anyone has any advice or other recommendations I would be grateful.

I've always driven before but want to party right till the point I leave the campsite this year :)