Campervan Pitches

Guest Big Vern

Hi

I think the campervan pitches are 6m x 6m.

How strict are the stewards on the size of your motorhomes? I went last year in a motorhome that was 6.2m and i don't even think anybody took any notice and we just got waved into our space.

Im looking at taking a motorhome a little bigger next year at 7.3m.

What's the worst that could happen, do they actually charge you for another space there and then?

Official answer on Glasonbury main site under campervan FAQ -

Can I bring a winnebago or extra large caravan?

Yes. However, for all vehicles longer than 8 metres it will be necessary to purchase two caravan/campervan tickets, to cover the extra space required.

You will be fine, still keen to find an answer. This year my VW campervan and caravan (9 people) is 8.5M long. Has anyone ever been measured or charged extra? or worse case not let in as there are no campervan spaces left, even to purchase an extra!

Thanks

They're usually quite accomodating.

I've never had the luxury of taking an oversize vehicle, but a couple of times I've been invited to take as much space as I want length-wise in an "unofficial" pitch (by this I mean against a fence, or some such, rather than in the semi-organised rows) in an otherwise "full" field.

Generally, so long as you're not encroaching on a fire lane (where they exist!) and you're not an obviously oversized vehicle (think converted horsebox or double decker bus or whatever) then more often than not you'll be just fine.