Comedy Headliner

Guest baudrons

From the lips of Jim King:

This announcement is just the start. We have heaps of great bands and DJs still to be revealed and the comedy headliner this year is an absolute corker!

Anybody got any thoughts on who the Comedy Corker could be? I'd love it to be Ross Noble, he has done festivals before.

John Bishop, the word corker seams apt to describe him to me.

I think the Comedy tent is something that Rockness can really develop and push but I'm not really sure how to do it. Big name comedy, doesn't really compare to a lot of the headliners. So the time slot needs changed and is it really worth the investment?

I think the quality of that tent should be good throughout the day.

Also if possible no booking an act to play more than one set, i always ended up seeing the same acts twice, some were not funny the first time.

And don't use a well known act to advertise it, it gives the impression they are perfoming when they aren't. ;)

i think the comedy is one of the best things about rockness.

at reading and leeds they have quite big comedians headlining, but they're on first (about 12/1pm i think) so that they're not clashing with the headline bands. rockness could do the same so that you have a chance of seeing them.

I went to see kevin bridges when he was there and it just felt wrong. I knew it was funny but cause the crowd was so big and aw c**t wis just chanting all the time it just felt wrong. i felt like the laughter was total forced.

I never went into the wee tent so maybe i missed a trick there but i dunno. im no sure about this. the money could be spent on more unsigned/smaller bands getting a chance to play i feel.

Unless they get Dara O'Briain. That mans actually a genius.

I went to see kevin bridges when he was there and it just felt wrong. I knew it was funny but cause the crowd was so big and aw c**t wis just chanting all the time it just felt wrong. i felt like the laughter was total forced.

I never went into the wee tent so maybe i missed a trick there but i dunno. im no sure about this. the money could be spent on more unsigned/smaller bands getting a chance to play i feel.

Edited by baudrons