I'm a little concerned......

Guest Dirty_Dave

I am currently day dreaming out my office window; getting extremely jealous of all you folk who are heading off tomorrow (stupidly i gave my ticket back so i could go on my honeymoon with my sexy new wife) B)

I just remembered the excitement of this this time last year, finishing work, driving down to the hotel, getting up at 5am to drive to Glasto car park, parking up, unpacking all my cr@p then joining the pedestrian queue for the next 3 hours in the baking heat!! :( Doubt it will be the same tomorrow, probably polar opposites - I was just wondering how people plan to cope if they have to do the same but stand in the rain (hope it doesn;t) for a lengthy period of time. Has anyone had to do this before?

Sure it will be fine though.... :D

I had to stand in what can only be described as a monsoon at Leeds Festival for 4 hours few years ago………was a total washout with rivers flowing through the campsites…..we just left all our clothes in the car and took beers and tent……the result was me getting so messy in the queue to forget bout the rain that when we got through the gate i realised i had put my tent down an hour back and forgotten to pick it up.

i am a little concerned too... i hate hate HATE this new tuesday car park opening system. i've all ways been disciplined enough to travel to the site early wednesday (from kent) leaving 5am to get there for gates opening. last year this simply wasn;t good enough and after getting there in good time hours of gate queuing only to find the site full by 10am was a nightmare. i simply do not want to sleep in my car.

this year i'm staying in a BnB this eve and gonna get on site early. but i bet that still won't be good enough.

The rain is the least of my worries, i could only get a coach and ticket this year and today its dawning how difficult the first few hours of tomorrow are going to be.

As a disabled festy goer i have camped at Spring Ground for the past two years, so as im going by coach I am limited on what I can carry, friends who live locally have offered to take my tent, sleeping bag and a couple of other bits and bobs.

All very useful so far until factoring in the fact that these friends are in a campervan, i was asked if i would like to camp with them, great me thinks if i have problems on site they will be around, everything is good in the world.

Good that is until i gaze of what I have to left at home to carry from what is probably the two furthest points of the festival site :blink:

Getting very wet is a given and theres nothing that can be done about that, im resigned to the fact that these days i am barely capable of organizing anything with due care and consideration, i should get to the campervan fields by about tea time i reckon :huh:

hoping the weather might put some people off this year. the earliest I can convince people to leave is 7am from bristol

I am trying not to think about it too much. But I will have a waterproof, wellies & a large bottle of JD should it be an issue.

I'm really hoping the World Cup factor made last year particularly difficult, and the forecast for some rain tomorrow might delay people from leaving quite so early... ever the optimist!