Car Park Postcode

Guest enbee

As the car park is a field its unlikely to have a post code but the info below is from the festival website. Use the post codes given & then follow the signs. There are signs & stewards everywhere & you will easily find the route to the west car parks. Your car park ticket will inform you of the route colour.

Directions

• From London: M3 then A303 and A37. (Sat Nav TA11 7DP).

• From the North East: A1 or M1, M25 to M3 (Junction 12), then A303 and A37. (Sat Nav TA11 7DP)

• From the Midlands: Preferably M40 and A34 to A303 and A37. (Sat Nav TA11 7DP)

• From the North West: M6, M5 to A39 (Junction 23) then A361. (Sat Nav BA6 9XE)

• From Wales: M4, M5 to A39 (as above) (Sat Nav BA6 9XE)

• For more local traffic using the A37 North or A361 East (Sat Nav BA4 4LY)

It is important that you approach the site on the side that you want to park. Using local roads to get to the opposite side of the site causes delays so use main roads that are well away from the site. A few extra miles travelled further away can save hours in queues near to the site. Always follow the directional signs, variable message signs and park where directed by staff.

Arriving/parking

There are four main entrances for cars, depending upon where you are coming from. Follow the P signs to get to the nearest available parking spaces. Sometimes parking staff have to fill some of the car parks further from the site before some that are closer. This is done to keep traffic moving on the public highways and keep us at peak parking capabilities for as long as possible. It is random dependent upon the traffic on the highway at that time so you cannot plan to park in a particular parking field.

If you have a choice, use the Blue Route (approach from the A303, then the A37), where there is more parking space and less of a queue to get in and out of the site.

The worst time to arrive by car is between 7am and 2pm on Wednesday. In 2010 at peak times, the A39 queue to get into car parks took several hours, while it took less than an hour for those travelling on the A37.

From the thread above I spotted this (not really worth starting a new thread)

You'll definately get into the West Car Parks coming from Glastonbury, though you'll also get directed to park then if you come from Shepton Mallet (as I learnt to my cost last year when trying to get parked on the east side!)

For anyone who definatley wants to park on the East Side - follow the signs for the festival from the A303 :-)

From the thread above I spotted this (not really worth starting a new thread)

Has anyone else experienced having to park in West coming from Shepton Mallet? Seems strange but just need to check as i'll be driving and stopping with mates in a caravan in East, coming from Bath so theres a couple of ways but both pretty much go by Shepton Mallet.

The last time I was at Glasto was in 2007 (shakes fist at rain clouds) and we were guided in to the West car park from Shepton Mallet.Bit too long ago for use this year possibly. but thought I'd mention it anyway just in case.

I'm pretty sure Head in going south on the A37 you should end up getting directed into east as they don't tend to like people driving through pilton

Last year I remember at one point the police closed the west carparks and sent everyone round to the east so sontimes despite best efforts you may end up in the wrong side and there's little you can do about it in that situation other than go with the flow.

Been checking out the routes shown on the latest Glasto Earth update, please could someone clarify a little more on the red & blue routes shown on here: http://j.mp/O08ep Are these the only two possible driving routes in to site?

As we’re coming from the North-East, usual route would be straight down M5, taking the A37 to Shepton Mallet then follow signs to get us to the east car park - this sound about right? Although instead do we need to de-tour & take the M40 to allow us to get onto the route > A34, A303 then follow signs from here to make sure we ended up in the east? Any advice/tips appreciated!

Been checking out the routes shown on the latest Glasto Earth update, please could someone clarify a little more on the red & blue routes shown on here: http://j.mp/O08ep Are these the only two possible driving routes in to site?

As we’re coming from the North-East, usual route would be straight down M5, taking the A37 to Shepton Mallet then follow signs to get us to the east car park - this sound about right? Although instead do we need to de-tour & take the M40 to allow us to get onto the route > A34, A303 then follow signs from here to make sure we ended up in the east? Any advice/tips appreciated!