Next Anouncement?

Guest pancake70

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jim said on the Q&A Facebook session on the 24th February that more acts will be announced over the next 4 weeks

The official Facebook admin (Rosie) has stated more announcements would be before the end of the month

Poleski has heard from a friend at AEG that it would be Tuesday past

I have been told by Jim King that it would have been this week

Latest is it is hoping to be announced by the weekend but agents are delaying it.. shit happens.

Edited by Paul ™

Jim said on the Q&A Facebook session on the 24th February that more acts will be announced over the next 4 weeks

The official Facebook admin (Rosie) has stated more announcements would be before the end of the month

I have been told by Jim King that it would have been this

week

Latest is it is hoping to be announced by the weekend but

agents are delaying it.. shit happens.

I heard from 2 sources who've been bang on so far that it tuesday past. Pauls right too, at the q&a on facebook Jim said it would be in the next 4 weeks and thats coming up for 5 weeks, its total pish, just tell us the truth and im not buying the agents excuse, total nonesense!!!!!

I heard from 2 sources who've been bang on so far that it tuesday past. Pauls right too, at the q&a on facebook Jim said it would be in the next 4 weeks and thats coming up for 5 weeks, its total pish, just tell us the truth and im not buying the agents excuse, total nonesense!!!!!

This wil be the first year i'll have missed Rockness. The lack of lineup announcements is a joke. I;m going for Parklife this year, at only £60 for the weekend, cheap ticket & hotel deals its working out the same price as Rockness. Not to mention the fantastic lineup! As its the same weekend I would assume they will be sharing some acts with Rockness. STill be good to see what Rockness pulls out the bag!

Just a shame really that Rockness can't deliver the announcements when we are told.

They're behind the game in that respect by a long way.

If they're still wanting people to come along then people that aint too sure might just swing another way to another festival like Parklife. others keep banging out announcements creating a bigger and bigger attraction.

:O

Just a shame really that Rockness can't deliver the announcements when we are told.

They're behind the game in that respect by a long way.

If they're still wanting people to come along then people that aint too sure might just swing another way to another festival like Parklife. others keep banging out announcements creating a bigger and bigger attraction.

:O

As I (and many) have said before, the line-up is not very strong. My outrageous theory is that the promoters are also aware of this fact (perhaps they have just got it wrong this year?) and that's why they continue to stall with the announcements. I think the majority of punters are hoping for a big announced, or at least a stronger depth of acts to justify their ticket purchase.

Bearing in mind the advertising posters have been printed, I do not think this boosting announcement will happen, and the promoters know this so they are holding off and holding off and trying to make us think something will come (sell a few more tickets based on the 'what might' be announced basis) when in truth, they know that when that final announcement drops and punters find out 'that's it', they will choose another festival...

... Which has just sold out leaving the punter with, well, probably still RN as tickets will surely remain! Clever!

That's just my theory tho! :)

I have been told by Jim King that it would have been this week

Latest is it is hoping to be announced by the weekend but agents are delaying it.. shit happens.

I've not really been that bothered about the whole line up situation until now. I thought that by paying £99 for a ticket, it would take alot to put me off going. But looking at the line up, there is in fact about 12 acts that I would even think about going to see.

With all this f**king about with the announcement, I'm starting to get pretty pissed off. Rockness currently has it's weakest line up ever and had I not already bought my ticket, I wouldnt be going. This announcement better have some serious good names. Feel a bit ripped off, Rockness is supposed to be a dance/indie festival and it's just a big mixup of all sorts of acts. This years Creamfields absolutely blows rockness out the water IMO.... Even TITP has a better dance line up and thats not even a dance festival!

Edited by gordong