Leeds or Reading

Guest cooio

Hi there, i will be working part time at glastonbury and Reading/leeds this year, but dont know which to choose out of reading and leeds.

First i thought reading because its slightly bigger so might have a better atmosphere, but which do you think actually does? or are they both extremely similar so it doesnt matter. according to google reading is about 1 hour further away than leeds but I wouldnt mind going the extra distance if it was worth it.

any opinions would be appreciated :)

thanks

I've been to one Reading and eleven Leeds and I have to say Leeds wins on all counts. I prefer my fests to be in the middle of no where, it makes it feel more like your getting away from it rather than it being in a city centre. The downside to this is you have to get a bus if you need to get to a shop but there is a shop onsite if you need anything. Atmosphere wise I prefered Leeds as well, I think northeners enjoy a party more and I feel like I get on better with a northern crowd being from Scotland. One of the main factors of Leeds being better is the afterhours entertainment, at Reading there doesn't seem like much to do after the bands finish but at leeds there's loads of stuff to do and most of it's on till 6am creating a real party atmosphere all weekend.

Also with Reading being in the town centre, the late night entertainment doesn't last as long. I think i heard somewhere it finishes at 2am? whereas Leeds entertainment finishes at 4/5/6am in some places. So if you are looking for entertainment, then leeds is the better option.

Usually go to Leeds but after years of hearing some say Reading was better we gave it a go couple of years ago.

Didn't care for the location, feels odd and I much prefer the more secluded surrounding at Leeds.

Id heard the atmosphere was better, didn't notice a difference and that the arena layout was loads better, didn't seem better.

If anything Reading seemed a lot more crowded and I spent a lot of time jammed in human traffic jams which is rarely the case

at Leeds.

All in all I don't think one is particularly better than the other and I'd just pick whichever was geographically more convenient.