Best colour to camp in?

Guest ConnorG23

I've only ever been to leeds once so i cant make a judgement. however, here this is from the official leeds fest forums:

WHITE VILLAGE, YELLOW BUBBLE and BLUE VALLEY CAMPSITES - Pre-2007 these were all the Yellow campsites, if you're looking for a party atmosphere, get yourself here early. They're the closest campsites to the arena so understandably they fill up fast, and traditionally its residents enjoy staying up late, that's if they sleep at all. By far the most sociable campsites - you will easily find a group singing Wonderwall on an off-key acoustic guitar at 4am who are more than willing to share a beer or a joint with you - however avoid them if you want a decent nights sleep.

RED CAMPSITE - Red is your in-betweener campsite: still lively, still very sociable, but you'll get a few hours kip should you feel the need. You'll find an almost neighbourhood-esque atmosphere here, many Leeds veretans swear by it. Though be warned, it is on a hill, so despite "top of Red" being a prime camping spot, it's not recommended if you're planning on stumbling back to your tent 'tired and emotional' after a few! It increased in size in 2009.

ORANGE CAMPSITE - Split into 2 parts and seperated by a beast of a hill, you have "Orange" and "Orange Fun Fair" sites, the latter named obviously after the fairground attractions you'll find yourself plonked by the side of. On one side of the hill is tranquility in the early hours of the morning, on the other (if 2007 is anything to go by, and licence pending this year) is the mother of all campsite parties! The Beef Warehouse Picadilly Party was located by the funfair last year, and most likely will be again, so that side of the site will be rammed full of revellers dancing to loud music, next to the very noisy fairground rides. So if you're big on your after-hours entertainment this will be perfect for you as you'll be staggering distance from your tent after you're done raving. However, beware of the mammoth hill leading up into Orange campsite, as much fun as it can be in the rain, it can be lethal on your thighs should you attempt it with a heavy rucksack. Use the path to the left of the hill for access with less of a gradient.

BROWN and GREEN CAMPSITES - The quiet ones, Brown more so than Green. They're a fair trek from the arena (about 20 minutes walk), however if you want a quiet night with little disturbances, you'll get a decent kip here. Brown campsite is more closely aimed at families (and those with campervans) so if you're a younger group looking for a good nights sleep then your best bet is probably Green campsite. Brown campsite has also increased in size

• 3 weeks later...

Well iv only been Leeds once too but I stayed in Green camp last year, and when I see people saying its dead and boring... its not! When we went we wanted somewhere thats fun but is possible to just chill for a bit... People were real nice surounding us apart from the odd d**k head but thats just the way it is I suppose! Oh and a firework hitting our tent! Other than that green was cool, camp site dj too till god knows what time.

I think we will be staying on Green again this year... and people say the walks far too long but its a nice walk... the things you see along the way keep you definatly 'entertained'! :)

Blue (used to be yellow valley) - camped there 6 times and its my favourite place, at the bottom of the hill to red. You end up with a lot of space and its very inbetween everything. Lively but no stupid, loud but you get some sleep, and away from the arena crowds but only a 10 minute walk to it.

camped in Red once but hated it. half as much room as blue and seemed to be alot more idiots (one group next to us was destroying all their tents on the thursday afternoon because they was wasted)