Libertines!

Guest PaulDavis

/index.php?showtopic=156362&st=20">http://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=156362&st=20 read that on the glastonbury forum. thats where it has come from and the original source was a man claiming they are in talks with glastonbury over headling other stage of a one of two festival shows.

As I live in chelmsford this would be great as them at reading was best thing ever. I have got glastonbury tickets so hoping they do there and can't help be feel they would be wasted at v as the crowds are nowhere near as passionate about music as at other fests.Half the crowd would only know can't stand me now.

I'm generalising here so please dont take offense (aimed at Chelmsford), So far the rumours are looking very like V have aimed the line up at the small percentage of chavvy, pi55 throwing, football chanting, ALAN shouting B@st@rds.

Eminem - Extra Mckenize t-shirt wearing chavs.

Arctics - Pi55 throwing idiots

Libertines - Can't stand the junkie, or his music.

Beady Eye - Oasis part 2, see Arctics.

Lets hope they get Mumford, Daft Punk, Chems, Elbow, Vampire Weekend to cheer me up.

I'm generalising here so please dont take offense (aimed at Chelmsford), So far the rumours are looking very like V have aimed the line up at the small percentage of chavvy, pi55 throwing, football chanting, ALAN shouting B@st@rds.

Lets hope they get Mumford, Daft Punk, Chems, Elbow, Vampire Weekend to cheer me up.

I hate this generalisation of the fans of bands. I was at V 09 and it was only a small minority who were chavvy or throwing piss about the place. I'm a big Arctic Monkeys fan, I've seen them 3 times and met the band, I wouldn't consider myself, or any of my friends who also like the band to be chavs. I think every festival has some dodgy fans like that and you just have to expect it. Eminem played Oxegen last year and there was a big crowd that weren't massive lovers of music but if they want to go and sit in their tent until one act comes out then thats their decision.

I hate this generalisation of the fans of bands. I was at V 09 and it was only a small minority who were chavvy or throwing piss about the place. I'm a big Arctic Monkeys fan, I've seen them 3 times and met the band, I wouldn't consider myself, or any of my friends who also like the band to be chavs. I think every festival has some dodgy fans like that and you just have to expect it. Eminem played Oxegen last year and there was a big crowd that weren't massive lovers of music but if they want to go and sit in their tent until one act comes out then thats their decision.

Not sure how I feel about the Libertines @ V festival. Not really my sort of place (too commercial / too much a straight music festival)but I'd probably get day tickets for myself & my kids, arrive early evening see the Libs (& maybe Dizee, if timings worked as one of the girls likes him) & get out before the headliners finished.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...