Melt! 2011

Guest branvan

First Bands - looks good :P

Ame (live) | Atari Teenage Riot | Gui Boratto | Boys Noize | Bpitch @ Sleepless Floor: Ellen Allien, Kiki, Chaim, Skinnerbox | Busy P | Cut Copy | DAF | Isolée | Fritz Kalkbrenner | Paul Kalkbrenner | Markus Kavka | The Koletzkis | Live At Robert Johnson @ Sleepless Floor: Roman Flügel, Arto Mwambé, Manuel Raven, Oliver Hafenbauer, Gerd Janson u. a. | Loco Dice | M.A.N.D.Y. | Miss Kittin | Modeselektor present Melt!Selektor | Monarchy | Pulp | Robyn | The Streets | Tensnake | Total Confusion B2B2B - Tobias Thomas, Michael Mayer & Superpitcher

• 4 weeks later...

Bodi Bill | Brandt Brauer Frick | Carte Blanche | Clock Opera | Console | Carl Craig & Radio Slave B2B | Crystal Fighters | Dial Records pres. Lawrence, John Roberts, Pawel & RNDM, Redshape pres. Palisade (live) | Digitalism (live) | DJ T. | Errors | Everything Everything | Gold Panda | Guy Gerber | Calvin Harris | Housemeister | Junior Boys (live) | Junip | Katy B | Les Savy Fav | Little Dragon | Metronomy | The Naked And Famous | Proxy | SBTRKT (live) | Sizarr (live) | Sizarr Soundsystem | Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs | White Lies

• 4 weeks later...

Anstam | Apparat Band | Beady Eye | Crystal Castles | Benjamin Damage & Doc Daneeka | Dananananaykroyd | The Drums | FM Belfast | Foster The People | Iron and Wine | Nicolas Jaar (live) | DJ Koze | MEN | Ostgut Ton Special: Marcel Dettmann, Ben Klock, Marcel Fengler, Barker & Baumecker (live) | Phon.o | Planningtorock | Plan B | Rusko | Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros | Siriusmo | Swans | Jamie Woon

20 acts remaining... Shaping up nicely!

Anstam | Apparat Band | Beady Eye | Crystal Castles | Benjamin Damage & Doc Daneeka | Dananananaykroyd | The Drums | FM Belfast | Foster The People | Iron and Wine | Nicolas Jaar (live) | DJ Koze | MEN | Ostgut Ton Special: Marcel Dettmann, Ben Klock, Marcel Fengler, Barker & Baumecker (live) | Phon.o | Planningtorock | Plan B | Rusko | Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros | Siriusmo | Swans | Jamie Woon

20 acts remaining... Shaping up nicely!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

... and then I have to decide wheter melt or pukkelpop... not an easy decision because of this years lack of information about pukkelpop...

2008 Primavera, Southside & Melt!

2009 Primavera, Southside & Melt!

2010 Primavera, Southside & Pukkelpop

2011 Primavera, Southside & ??

Edited by branvan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi this will be my first Melt!.

I have a few questions i hope someone can help with.

Looking at the eufest website it seems the first bus is at 1pm. we arrive at schoenfeld at 09.30am. Is the best option to get the train from berlin to Dessau and then a bus? Are the buses from dessau bookable or just first come first served?

On the way back there is a direct bus at 4pm which is good as we need to be at airport for around 7pm but it says the site is closed at 1pm.Are there any facilities between 1pm and 4pm?

More generally was wondering what the weather has been like in previous years. Have been to Exit and Sziget and Exit was unbearably hot we could hardly sleep the whole time we were there and we went mad.

Hi this will be my first Melt!.

I have a few questions i hope someone can help with.

Looking at the eufest website it seems the first bus is at 1pm. we arrive at schoenfeld at 09.30am. Is the best option to get the train from berlin to Dessau and then a bus? Are the buses from dessau bookable or just first come first served?

On the way back there is a direct bus at 4pm which is good as we need to be at airport for around 7pm but it says the site is closed at 1pm.Are there any facilities between 1pm and 4pm?

More generally was wondering what the weather has been like in previous years. Have been to Exit and Sziget and Exit was unbearably hot we could hardly sleep the whole time we were there and we went mad.

MiniMarc, this will be my third Melt! so hopefully I could help you out with your questions...

I arrive around the same time on 14th. I'm on a flight from Edinburgh. Our plan is to take the S-bahn into Alexanderplatz, get supplies, then take train to Dessau. I see Efest have a coach running but if there is more than you going it works out cheaper taking train from Berlin to Dessau. You can still get a train for up to 5 people for €29 one way.

What day do u arrive? Abd how many are travelling?

I will send u links for what u need. If u know Berlin at all u should be able to find Alexanderplatz. It's basically the main city centre. The station is right next to C&A, the huge TV tower and Park hotel. Easy to find. U can also get the train from the main Hbf but I find Alexanderplatz better as more sightseeing close by.

The tickets are usually cheaper if u pre-book but u can also get tickets at the station. There's an Aldi about 1.5miles away you can use but if u want to be sure u get what u want then get stuff in Berlin. It's a pain to carry but ur in a train/bus most if time so not that bad.

It depend what u want from the experience... Eufest pick up at airport I think so for ease this is best option as they will take u straight there. I have already spoken to the organiser and he said they will stop at supermarket on route if enough people want it. It works out cheaper for our group of 4 going by train though and as a couple haven't been to Berlin before it gives us a chance to sight see a little before the weekend carnage. Besides, it's more fun and adds to the while experience.