Help for a newbie to Soni

Guest shinobi93

Hey guys, I'm new to this neck of the woods and new to Soni. I was planning on attending Download again next year but I'm away abroad working at the time, so have decided to make my first visit to Knebworth, especially after hearing Slipknot are headlining!

I was just wondering if anyone could give me some info about how it compares to other festivals e.g. Download, Reading/Leeds and what to expect?

Also, does anyone have a rough idea of how much pricing would be with camping and for day tickets (undecided how long i'll go for depending on funds)? Even last years prices would give me a rough indication of how much I need.

Thanks all,

xD

Sonisphere is extremely laid back in comparison to Download and Reading and Leeds. There are plenty of families and its not the hardcore party atmosphere that you get with the other festivals. Saying that, it's not like its dull. Last year I found it really friendly. I ended up sitting in the middle of the campsite talking to random people all bloody weekend. They have plenty of evening antics and entertainment. It's a smaller scale than te other festivals too. Less walking for sure. The car park is on the edge of the campsite, then the arena is the other side of the campsite.

The main and second stage performance times are staggered so there are no clashes between these stages. This does mean that if you want to see everything you have to go from stage to stage the whole damn time.

Prices are all the same as all the festivals. There are plenty food outlets and stores in the campsite. There is lots of stalls and bars and things in the arena too. There is also a shuttle bus into the town to go to Tesco and stuff too.

Last year I spent £200 over the weekend. But I bought an airbed and food there and drinks and merch and hats and all sorts of crazy shit.

Sonisphere is extremely laid back in comparison to Download and Reading and Leeds. There are plenty of families and its not the hardcore party atmosphere that you get with the other festivals. Saying that, it's not like its dull. Last year I found it really friendly. I ended up sitting in the middle of the campsite talking to random people all bloody weekend. They have plenty of evening antics and entertainment. It's a smaller scale than te other festivals too. Less walking for sure. The car park is on the edge of the campsite, then the arena is the other side of the campsite.

The main and second stage performance times are staggered so there are no clashes between these stages. This does mean that if you want to see everything you have to go from stage to stage the whole damn time.

Prices are all the same as all the festivals. There are plenty food outlets and stores in the campsite. There is lots of stalls and bars and things in the arena too. There is also a shuttle bus into the town to go to Tesco and stuff too.

Last year I spent £200 over the weekend. But I bought an airbed and food there and drinks and merch and hats and all sorts of crazy shit.