Sound quality

Guest disco-dani

I know it was windy and that doesnt help but the sound seemed AWFUL!!

I was about middle of the crowd for paramore and could hardly hear a thing. A bit further back for Blink and could hear more but still wasnt loud at all, someone farted near me during rock show and everyone laughed cause they obv didnt expect anyone to be able to hear it.

But it wasnt just mainstage, I saw Darwin Deez in FR and it sounded shit.

Anyone else?

the sound from the main stage was very poor for most of the bands i saw there. I caught a bit of paramore, couldnt make out the vocals that well, gaslight anthem was a bit meh as well and for gogol bordello the violin volume kept going up and down something terrible. I was very disapointed with the over all sound from the main stage and it wasnt that windy that it would effect it that badly, the only band i saw on there all weekend that managed to pull it off was weezer.

to be honest, only band i heard with any proper sound issues were paramore, blink 182 jusr aren't the greatest live and compared to the main stage at reading, it wouldn't be just bad, you just wudnt hear it. tom's voice is just shit, not that they weren't fun live

As much as I'd love to blame the wind, it didn't get REALLY windy til Sunday... and bands the previous days were awful from anything other than the front, it's f**king annoying and something FR really need to sort out... you either have to be in the pit or not see a band, you can't just casually watch someone from the back, like I wanted to do with Paramore/Blink (no laughing please)... it's been getting worse n worse... gonna check my pics from 2003, swear there used to be waaaaay more speaker stacks.!

As much as I'd love to blame the wind, it didn't get REALLY windy til Sunday... and bands the previous days were awful from anything other than the front, it's f**king annoying and something FR really need to sort out... you either have to be in the pit or not see a band, you can't just casually watch someone from the back, like I wanted to do with Paramore/Blink (no laughing please)... it's been getting worse n worse... gonna check my pics from 2003, swear there used to be waaaaay more speaker stacks.!

• 3 weeks later...

iv been to a few out door giggs so i wassent exspecting the sound to be that good.i mean if you are compering it to an indoor gigg is just not the same is it. but the best e.g i can think of when guns an roses did turn up alxes voice was blistering. so i was more than happy. sum bands were there voices wernt as strong did struggle a little.

iv been to a few out door giggs so i wassent exspecting the sound to be that good.i mean if you are compering it to an indoor gigg is just not the same is it. but the best e.g i can think of when guns an roses did turn up alxes voice was blistering. so i was more than happy. sum bands were there voices wernt as strong did struggle a little.

• 5 months later...