Mark Lanegan and Isobel Campbell

Guest talulah

If this is true it's the best news ever. And definately makes the decision as to which day to go down on a lot easier.

I would prefer Lanegan on his own, but I think the stuff he and Isobel Campbell have done together has a more "End of the road" feel to it so probably a good choice.

And I'm seeing Mr Lanegan in august at the Union Chapel so not to bothered.

The man is a genius.

Ha - exactly what I thought when I printed my tickets! First time I've bought tickets that admit two which also worried me. I'm sure they're OK though as the link was directly from the Union Chapel site.

He was really good at Scala by the way - solo acoustic with just Dave Rosser on guitar.

Fingers crossed there'll be some sort of announcement about an appearance at EOTR.

Edited by talulah

Ha - exactly what I thought when I printed my tickets! First time I've bought tickets that admit two which also worried me. I'm sure they're OK though as the link was directly from the Union Chapel site.

He was really good at Koko by the way - solo acoustic with just Dave Rosser on guitar.

Fingers crossed there'll be some sort of announcement about an appearance at EOTR.

Was that part of the same tour?

We were wondering whether it would be acoustic or if he'd have a full band.

I'd love it if he had his "Bubblegum" band. Unlikely I guess, but it does say plus special guests on the ticket so you never know.

Edited by talulah

Ha ha. To me it's all just London. Never been to any london gigs apart from universities. Oh and Rage against the machine in Finsbury Park :)

Am I right in thinking Union Chapel is unreserved seating? Or did I dream that. Or did I see it on something else which is completely unrelated? If it is, how early is it worth turning up to secure good seats?

The only downside to the Union Chapel, and I mean the ONLY downside, because it is a lovely venue, is the fact that you can't take your alcoholic drinks back to your seat with you. This means there's always a mad rush between bands and a speedily downed pint, with a lot of other people thinking the same thing.

I wonder when the official announcement will come about Lanegan and Campbell? I was under the impression that they were going to reveal the Thursday line-up last week, but it never came.

I really wanted to go that, especially the date London as Yuck were also on the bill. Sadly I don't think Dino Jr are going to make it this year, maybe 2011.

Regardless, if anyone is reading this, who is responsible for putting together between bands CDs, for the love of God, stick Start Choppin' on there would you?

Edited by shoebox

• 4 weeks later...

The EOTR entry has now disappeared from that Lanegan site. Which can mean either it's intended as a surprise, which it won't be as we all know about it, or they decided not to do it, which means the Thursday Tipi opening is even more pointless and now Allo Darlin' are on again on Friday is basically a way of pissing off big Meursault fans who can't make it until the day that's always been advertised as the start of the musical entertainment (hi!)

The EOTR entry has now disappeared from that Lanegan site. Which can mean either it's intended as a surprise, which it won't be as we all know about it, or they decided not to do it, which means the Thursday Tipi opening is even more pointless and now Allo Darlin' are on again on Friday is basically a way of pissing off big Meursault fans who can't make it until the day that's always been advertised as the start of the musical entertainment (hi!)