13 year old passing off as an Under 12?

Guest gravejr

My neighbour's had the offer to be taken to Glastonbury and gain admission by passing of has an under 12 and getting in free. While he is in fact 13 and looks more like 15.

Just wondering if anyone has any experience taking kids in or even trying to get teenagers in by saying they're 12. How do they check? Do you just turn up or do they need advanced tickets?

Tis not my plan but thought I'd ask on here what the chances are.

My neighbour's had the offer to be taken to Glastonbury and gain admission by passing of has an under 12 and getting in free. While he is in fact 13 and looks more like 15.

Just wondering if anyone has any experience taking kids in or even trying to get teenagers in by saying they're 12. How do they check? Do you just turn up or do they need advanced tickets?

Tis not my plan but thought I'd ask on here what the chances are.

we took our kids a couple of years ago one was 12 and didnt need a ticket one was 13 and did! we took ID just in case but didnt get asked to show any! you could take your chance...but...?!!

Never had experience of this but my personal view is that most people would not want to make such a big and devastating decision for a family and it would take a very bitter steward to turn away a child under these circumstances.

Ok, so you do get such people, but reckon if you just went and grabbed an ice cream or two and had a bit of a lie about for a couple of hours (or even hoof it round to another gate) things would turn out just fine.

Do it, do it, do it, do it! But mind the bad language used by certain artists.

Tell them they should feel free to try and rip the festival off. I expect it's what GfL really wants. Um.... I know it's not you that's asking so feel free to phrase it how you see fit.... At the end of the day if they can't prove he's <13 and he's refused entry, what are they going to do, leave him at the gate?

Sounds like it's not to hard then even if he'll have to spend the Festival burdened with the weight of the guilt from ripping off the festival.

I'm just thinking, as I believe he's getting a lift down in a van I should get to take some supplies down for to save the back ache on my train journey. :)

Sounds like it's not to hard then even if he'll have to spend the Festival burdened with the weight of the guilt from ripping off the festival.

I'm just thinking, as I believe he's getting a lift down in a van I should get to take some supplies down for to save the back ache on my train journey. :)