Secret slots

Guest PM2010

Last year was my first year at Reading so I'm not aware of the frequency of secret slots, such as Them Crooked Vultures' last year...

Is it something that tends to happen every year? Or was last years just a one off? If it has happened before, then who was the act?

2008-Pigeon detectives did a secret set on the bbc introducing stage on the Thursday at leeds as part of the dance to the radio thing.

2007-Kaiser chiefs did one at leeds in the Carling tent (now the festival republic tent) under the name Hooks for hands. They didn't do Reading, though I did hear some things about Foos doing a set but dropping out because Grohl had a bad throat. Not sure how true that was though.

I was told during Florence's secret Radio 1 set on the BBC Introducing stage that Biffy had done it the year before, not sure about We Are Scientists. Would it seem to be that this is a recurring event aswell? A bigger band playing a slot on the smallest of the stages?

Did they call it a secret when noone turned up? :P I can't even imagine shikari doing an acoustic set...surely it would just be awful.

FFers was an unfortunate band name by a band which had no affiliation to the foo's. Obviously it wasnt going to be the foos on the introducing stage.

Didnt know about biffy playing though.

Did they call it a secret when noone turned up? :P I can't even imagine shikari doing an acoustic set...surely it would just be awful.

FFers was an unfortunate band name by a band which had no affiliation to the foo's. Obviously it wasnt going to be the foos on the introducing stage.

Foo Fighters did a secret set at V Festival in '07 the day they headlined the festival. It was on the Channel 4 stage or whatever it's called now, at about 12pm and was pretty good :P

Also I caught a bit of Frank Turner at Reading last year doing a secret set on the BBC Introducing Stage literally straight after his NME/Radio 1 performance

Edited by flossy_