AC/DC Day Opinions?

Guest andthegunslinger

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get the feeling the booking of ACDC is more then just for Download to sell tickets this year, AC touched on this but I think they're hoping it puts Download on the 'map' globally and gives them far more weight in the future when negotiating with bands and stuff, if that makes sense :/. No surprise Friday is going to be making cuts lower down though, is it?
Edited by bootsbroadbent

It baffles me how they can spend £4 million on ACDC. Do they really have x4 the pull of RATM?

I get the feeling the booking of ACDC is more then just for Download to sell tickets this year, AC touched on this but I think they're hoping it puts Download on the 'map' globally and gives them far more weight in the future when negotiating with bands and stuff, if that makes sense :/. No surprise Friday is going to be making cuts lower down though, is it?

The one thing I'm iffy on is I'd have thought LN and Download would be spouting the 'most expensive UK festival lineup' line alot more by now.

You see I'm like that with watching ratm as many times in one day as humanly possible, but I'd have no interest in watching a DVD of a performance at a festival - I do that at home enough :P, I'd want to see actual bands instead.

And I think, regardless of what they say now, the rest of the AC/DC fans would rather watch more bands than watch the DVD that they are going to buy anyway. Basically, its in everyone's interest for that idea not to happen.

You see I'm like that with watching ratm as many times in one day as humanly possible, but I'd have no interest in watching a DVD of a performance at a festival - I do that at home enough :P, I'd want to see actual bands instead.

And I think, regardless of what they say now, the rest of the AC/DC fans would rather watch more bands than watch the DVD that they are going to buy anyway. Basically, its in everyone's interest for that idea not to happen.

Booking fees are always interesting reading..

ALL bands agents negotiate fees dependant on the event.

Reading festival always have top draw bands as they are one of the best payers with the headliners getting in excess of a million. Even bands lower down the bill are paid well (50 cent got £300,000 for a afternoon slot and got bottled off and 10 mins)

Glastonbury, however, cap their headline acts at 200,000. They can do this due to their statue and popularity.

It baffles me how they can spend £4 million on ACDC. Do they really have x4 the pull of RATM?

The one thing I'm iffy on is I'd have thought LN and Download would be spouting the 'most expensive UK festival lineup' line alot more by now.

yup, ive heard that too!! id buy it :P

This may just be me over thinking it, but does anyone else feel it could be made into another DVD, as like a return to Donington?

It would seem like a reason for the rest of the stages finishing early, so they could have maximum numbers there and less disruption from over stages shown on high shots?

I think that's pretty much just the time that would of been setting up anyway.

It's just hard to fathom how it's going to work out atm, health and safety dictates that they can't have the lower stages playing music while the main one is empty. The second stage clearly needs to start at 3pm to get everything finished before ACDC - so atm we're looking at 90min / 2 hour sets for Wolfmother and TCV. Or an epicly long ACDC changeover...

The real problem is no one seems to have a ****ing clue except probably ACDC themselves lol.

Yeah that would suck, but I really wouldn't mind if they showed Metallica's 2006 Master of Puppets set - I'd love to see that!

f**k yeah! They should book them, put on Dark Side of The Moon, and hand out free 'shrooms! :P

Btw man, have you guys thought about Rage Factor arrangements yet? We need to sort out hostels and the like pretty soon, before the other 40,000 ragers fill them up.