So...Now that Macca's been announced...

Guest Enyoueffsee

How do you reckon this will affect ticket sales? I've never been to IOW before, so not too sure on how popular it is, etc. I've noticed the lineup has got a bit of stick, but it's pretty much ideal for me.

My issue is, I could have a university exam on the Thursday or Friday, and won't know until the exam timetable is released on 12th April. So, I can either wait and see if I'll be able to go, and risk it being sold out by then, or get a ticket now, and hope I can sell it on ebay or something if I can't go.

Is it likely to have sold out by 12th April? If yes, is it likely that I'll be able to make back face value on my tickets?

Cheeeeers.

Could you not just go after your exam anyway? The festival doesn't really get going til the Friday evening anyway?

I think it will sell out but I don't think it'll be immediate- it is difficult to predict though. A lot of the Macca fans may prefer to do HRC as it saves money/travel to the IOW. They do sometimes release more nearer the time anyway and there are often spares floating around on here if it had sold out by then?

I'm not too sure really as we dont rush to get there- we usually get there around 6ish, maybe just before, and the bigger acts usually start around that time. I think the first bands are usually late PM rather than most festivals where they start at midday-ish.