Preggers Meet

Guest feefeetee

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all,

Worthy FM, the official radio station for Glastonbury, would like to chat to some of you if you're still planning on meeting up. As well as playing music and interviewing bands we love to capture the flavour of the festival and would love to tag along and interview you about your experiences of pregnancy at the festival.

If this is something your group would be interested in then please get in touch with us at worthyfm@hotmail.co.uk

Thanks!

Worthy FM

edit: time and place:

Thursday at 5pm (ish) at the Radical Midwives yurt

(the corner of the Healing Field Arch, large white round yurt with lots of pretty flags and pics of mums and babies).

It's come to light that a few of us will be fairly heavily pregnant for this year's festival, and several people are up for a meet at some stage, so here's the meet thread!

I'll be just short of 8 months pregnant, so probably waddling along like a weeble by then.

Perhaps a meet somewhere like the Hurly Burly in Circus? I'm thinking it needs to be somewhere where we can get some decent healthyish grub, somebody suggested somewhere up in Green Fields, but I can't remember where (this might be an issue with a group of pregnant women meeting up, of course, memory! :P).

What do you call a group of pregnant women at Glasto, do you think?

Anyway, who's going to be up le duff, how far will you be, and do you fancy a meet?

Up for it:

• Feefeetee - 35 weeks

• Mrs redmosquito - 7.5 months

• sparkle_fire_fairy - 6 months

• Buttonmoon - 5 months

• Cathl - 7 months

• terri_b - 5 months

• LCR - 7.5 months

• trippiehippie - 10 months

• aninor - 6.5 months

• Mrs 4AM

• Kelly - 19 weeks

• MissJoJo - 31 weeks

• Jodi - 4 months

• baptist69 - 5.5 months

• terri_b - 5.5 months

• mandyeggz - 21 weeks

• debsc78 - 24 weeks

• pu55ycat1 - 15 weeks

• Kelly - 16 weeks

• parky1978 - 23 weeks

Well, I didn't pop! I met the woman that did though, and her little baby :) They were back on site the day after being taken off site in labour! Way to go, I thought.

Have you seen:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2010/jun/27/glastonbury-pregnancy-women-midwives-surviving

:)

Odd that they chose a picture with the journalist in, rather than more of our lovely bumps!

How did it go for you all in the end?

The heat was a lot to take, wasn't it? We had a great time nonetheless. Bit of tummy pain/strain by the time we got to the top of the 'hill of death' on a few nights, but that soon went again. We basically sat down a lot and drunk shed loads of water, and moved around site at a snail's pace, nothing new there, except normally it's because we're both so out of it :lol:

Was great to see so many bumps out there! I guess with the current pregnancy boom, there were bound to be more bumps than usual among the crowds. Did anyone make it to the Million Mums photo shoot? I forced my way up there yesterday, felt I needed to really, to show some support after not making it to the shoot on Friday.

Just thought I'd bump the bumps as am mightily impressed you all made it onto page 3 of the G2 review. And yes shame about the picture.

And Congrats to Kirsty and baby Reuben :D

and only my hand made it into the picture in the Guardian :-(

Nice to see everyone though hope to see you all next year with littlies :-)

Did anyone have a belly cast done??

There were 3 births all together according to my brother who was working security and I was camping next door to Kirsty lol. My husband nudged me at 7ish on fri morning and said I am sure I just heard someone ask for a midwife. But by the time I rolled out of bed and crawled out of the tent the on site ambulance was just pulling up so I left them to it.

Hi all !!

Just wanted to say it was lovely meeting you all - hope you had a fab weekend B)

The heat was really difficult, but I think it probably forced me to slow down & take it easy instead of my usual marching round the site to see as many bands as possible !!! So in a way it was a blessing in disguise...

I did make it to the photo shoot with the White Ribbon Alliance in the Park - they were great there and really looked after us all. I haven't been able to find any versions yet of the pictures that were taken - there were loads of cameras there, so there must be some somewhere!

My husband's 'tattoo' still hasn't washed off :)

I also wanted to say thankyou to the stewards at the John Peel tent who let me onto the disabled platform at the back to watch numerous bands - fantastic !!! Turns out that being pregnant at Glastonbury has it's advantages... ;)

Keep in touch everyone, and best of luck with the next few weeks...

Terri x

p.s. doesn't my knee look great in the Guardian photo ??!!

hi everyone - was lovely to meet you all - sorry for dashing off ealry like we did, was a combination of early pregnancy bladder about to burst, but also feeling a little overwhelmed by it all and somewhat in awe of all you properly pregnant ladies (and a bit fraudulent when i'm not even showing nor really feeling pregnant yet)! had a fantastic time though, even though the heat was a bit much and managed to do pretty much everything i wanted (altough recall having to try to shield my non-existent bump and feeling a little worried about mishap in the middle of a giant and soemwhat vigourous yet very fun pillow fight at a 'slumber party' in shangri-la!). hope you all nonehtless managed to havfe as much of a ball as i did anyway and that you enjoy the rest of your pregnancies

take care

Laura xx

• 3 weeks later...

I'm just waiting now (midwife wrote on my notes yesterday, "all well, just waiting"), 39 weeks tomorrow and baby has been fully engaged for almost 2 weeks! So much for being early, eh? Oh yeah, you're massive, he's not going to last until the end of July. Oh, really? :lol:

I have a feeling he'll come this weekend though, 24th is my due date in my head, because I was charting, I'm pretty sure I know when he was conceived, and it puts him due on Saturday. Official dates are end of next week though.

How's everyone else? How many weeks is Mrs RM now?

For anyone else, when you get to this stage and are sick of people asking on facebook/email/forums, this is great: http://haveyouhadthatbabyyet.com :lol:

Good luck y'all, will let you know when things happen! Baby has his own blog so I can announce it in one place from the hospital: http://www.babytaylor.me.uk

I'm just waiting now (midwife wrote on my notes yesterday, "all well, just waiting"), 39 weeks tomorrow and baby has been fully engaged for almost 2 weeks! So much for being early, eh? Oh yeah, you're massive, he's not going to last until the end of July. Oh, really? :lol:

I have a feeling he'll come this weekend though, 24th is my due date in my head, because I was charting, I'm pretty sure I know when he was conceived, and it puts him due on Saturday. Official dates are end of next week though.

How's everyone else? How many weeks is Mrs RM now?

For anyone else, when you get to this stage and are sick of people asking on facebook/email/forums, this is great: http://haveyouhadthatbabyyet.com :lol:

Good luck y'all, will let you know when things happen! Baby has his own blog so I can announce it in one place from the hospital: http://www.babytaylor.me.uk

He's still not here, the little monkey. I know exactly what kate feels like, as soon as I hit 37 weeks I was thinking of being full term, but it's meant the last (almost) 3 weeks have absolutely dragged by! Doesn't help that everyone kept saying throughout my pregnancy that I was so big there was no way I'd make it to 40 weeks! hah! Well, I'm 40 weeks this week, so what do they all know :lol:

I'm just chillin about it now, he'll come when he's ready, clearly far too relaxed, just like his ma and pa ;)

Good luck, Kate, hope yours does come soon for you! Then you won't have to listen to, "is he not here yet", "well, any news?" and "have you had him yet?" every single day by pretty much the same people! I can guarantee three phone calls every day atm, asking the same thing daily, starting to really get on my tits, especially seen as my due date hasn't even arrived yet!

</rant> ;)

He's still not here, the little monkey. I know exactly what kate feels like, as soon as I hit 37 weeks I was thinking of being full term, but it's meant the last (almost) 3 weeks have absolutely dragged by! Doesn't help that everyone kept saying throughout my pregnancy that I was so big there was no way I'd make it to 40 weeks! hah! Well, I'm 40 weeks this week, so what do they all know :lol:

I'm just chillin about it now, he'll come when he's ready, clearly far too relaxed, just like his ma and pa ;)

Good luck, Kate, hope yours does come soon for you! Then you won't have to listen to, "is he not here yet", "well, any news?" and "have you had him yet?" every single day by pretty much the same people! I can guarantee three phone calls every day atm, asking the same thing daily, starting to really get on my tits, especially seen as my due date hasn't even arrived yet!

</rant> ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Arthur Eric was born on 12th August, weighing a whopping 9lb 7.5oz and delivered by a Radical Midwife through pure luck of the draw! And what a woman Gwen is, I will love her forever for enabling me the natural birth it was looking unlikely I was to be allowed due to baby being in danger.

Arthur Eric was born on 12th August, weighing a whopping 9lb 7.5oz and delivered by a Radical Midwife through pure luck of the draw! And what a woman Gwen is, I will love her forever for enabling me the natural birth it was looking unlikely I was to be allowed due to baby being in danger.