Vans in Car Park?

Guest burticus

Hey guys,

Just wondering if they let vans into the Glastonbury car-park?

I've parked there for the past two years with my car but as we've got a massive group this year, I'm thinking of bringing the van to get all the gear and cider in.

Can't remember seeing any vans last year though and was wondering if anyone has tried it before.

Cheers all

Hey guys,

Just wondering if they let vans into the Glastonbury car-park?

I've parked there for the past two years with my car but as we've got a massive group this year, I'm thinking of bringing the van to get all the gear and cider in.

Can't remember seeing any vans last year though and was wondering if anyone has tried it before.

Cheers all

Taking a van is the best. At least it is if parking in West car parks. They usually put them all in West 26. The closest you can get to pedestrian gate D.

They sent me there in 2008 in my people carrier cause the steward thought it was like a van !

Unfortunately they did'nt think it looked like a van in 2009 and had to walk a lot lot further.

I am thinking about borrowing a van for this year just to save the extra walking.

I am told they put all the vans together nearer the gates so that security can easily check them at night because people are not allowed to sleep in vehicles in the car parks. They also think people are a lot more likely to sleep in the back of a van rather than just a car.

So if you take a van they also keep an eye on it for you throughout the fest. Great eh !

edit: W26 not W29.

Edited by JodiB

Thought I would post this cos it still makes me laugh.

The other year a lad posted that his van got the look over by security !

It was along the lines of

Upon finding 30 cases of beer the steward insisted that there were trading illegally and wanted to

confiscate the lot.

There then followed a maths lesson where the lads tried to prove that 4 lads over a five day

festival drinking from dawn to dusk , and being generous and handing the odd ones out could

get through all that beer

:P