anyone hired a caravan from FestivalCaravans before?

Guest The Packing Queen

Hi, I'm from Hazy Days Caravan Hire - and no, we don't have anything to do with Festival Caravan - we just grabbed the domain name because it has bloody good SEO effects for Glasto hire!

Firstly, we're a new business and we're based in Kent. The idea of creating the caravan hire co came from seeing Festival Caravan online amongst othrs but since seeing this thread we're being really careful about where we take it, particularly for our first proper Glasto where it seems Festival Caravan got the logistics completely wrong. We're limiting this year to 5 vans only and being perfectionist everything will be set up for people (after all we use the vans ourselves for holidays, so everything works). Secondly we're not going the cheap and cheerful route, Glastonbury is not going to be the mainstay of the business, instead the focus will be on renting out beautiful vintage caravans for holidays or festivals - website for that is in the offing and will have a very different look and feel. Deposits and hire prices on the caravans won't be as cheap as Festival Caravan, simply because we'll have put a huge amount of work into the vans and we've got to be realistic about our costs if we give a good service.

So, I just wanted to clear things up that we aren't Festival Caravan, we don't try and wing things, we do return deposits, we will be fully insured for Glasto, the vans will work and bedding will be present plus retro and you WILL be able to make a cup of tea. We are getting to the point soon where we'll be fully booked and that's fine by me - we don't want to be too ambitious too early.

I am having phone calls from people looking for Festival Caravan all the time and I'm pointing them to this thread - some have been repaid, others haven't - my advice to anyone is carry on trying because according to various people they are still paying deposits back and they are still renting caravans.

Hope that helps before anyone starts to send any horses heads through to the wrong person...me.