Staying in/near Glastonbury

Guest cbirtwhistle

I turn 16 on Wednesday and live in Sheffield. am going for my first year at Glastonbury 2010 with my friend, but my parents were a bit hesitant about letting us go that far away just the 2 of us so they're insisting on coming and staying somewhere nearby. does anyone know how easy it is to find somewhere to stay in or near Glastonbury on the weekend of the festival???

thanks.

I've never tried looking but i'd guess places book up fast. I'd suggest looking as early as possible (ideally now) - i'm sure they'll find somewhere near enough. It's worth remembering that the festival site isn't actually in Glastonbury, but in Pilton a few miles away. If they're not actually going to the festival they won't need to really close to the site. Somewhere like Wells might work as there would be a lot for them to do nearby while you enjoy yourself at the festival :)

The B&Bs in the town do get very booked up by crew, journos, etc, but if they like camping there's a nice site called the Isle of Avalon. Plus the Travelodge, it's quite well situated.

As Bexx says the fest is is Pilton, a few miles out of the town.

Hey, I know where they can stay, I stayed here this summer and it's fantastic, between Glastonbury and Wells:

http://www.pottingshedholidays.co.uk/cotta.../7/MiddleEarth/

It seems to be free for the festival week as well! I found it on this website: www.glastonbury.co.uk, lots of accomodation listings on there.

Have a look at the link below, there are lots of places to stay but they will need to book early if they plan on being there pre and/or post festival.

I have stayed at the George and Pilgrims in Glastonbury town and its really nice. Plus there are lots of places to visit in the area so they should have a good break too without cramping your style!

http://www.glastonbury.co.uk/pages/site.ph...commodation.htm

ive noticed that the travelodge still have rooms but is over 6 miles from the site i believe...can you enter and leave the site car park fairly easily if you have a car park ticket...and is parking available at the travelodge...the girlfriend has cold feet about camping now....now she tells me!!!!!lol pity theres no pod pads!!! any otehr b and b available anyone know!!! x