benicassim 2010

Guest rosiefox

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be arriving by car first thing on Wednesday.

Where can i park for the week?

This is presuming it'll be best to leave the car parked and use the bus services to potter around into town and the beach etc

Any information would be good as i'm starting to worry about it.

Daisy we parked near the Lidl last year. As you come out of the entrance, turn right til you get to a set of lights, then take a left and park on that strip anywhere for the entire week. No trouble whatsoever for us. The Lidl is near the BeniCamp.

The ruskins

have self confirmed to be playing benni on their myspace, the 16th. i see they are not on the poster and im thinking possibly all thats lefts is small bands such as these and the line up is in fact complete.

I'm off to see underground heroes soon and this lot are playing, not everyones cup of tea but i dont mind em.

check em out if ya like

http://www.myspace.com/theruskins

old isleworth being top tune IMO, however youtube is neccesary for the full song. also guy from shameless and girl from skins in the video for some reason :S

(a little extra info incase anyone cares :P)

The ruskins

have self confirmed to be playing benni on their myspace, the 16th. i see they are not on the poster and im thinking possibly all thats lefts is small bands such as these and the line up is in fact complete.

I'm off to see underground heroes soon and this lot are playing, not everyones cup of tea but i dont mind em.

check em out if ya like

http://www.myspace.com/theruskins

old isleworth being top tune IMO, however youtube is neccesary for the full song. also guy from shameless and girl from skins in the video for some reason :S

(a little extra info incase anyone cares :P)

Hey

This will be my first time at benicassim this year and we're camping the Monday to the Sunday then staying in a hotel for 2 nights. Just wondering how much do you on average spend there?? We were thinking of taking £500 each, does that sound about right?

Hey

This will be my first time at benicassim this year and we're camping the Monday to the Sunday then staying in a hotel for 2 nights. Just wondering how much do you on average spend there?? We were thinking of taking £500 each, does that sound about right?

I blew about £600 last year but invested in things that ain't to everyone's tastes if you get my drift. I think my biggest outlay was airport scran though having said that! You can do it as cheaply or as expensive as you like. I'm going to have a massive blowout this year and take £800-£1000. Can't wait for it. Birds, beers, bands.....what more could you want!

WHich camp is the best? And do you get a choice?

From what I have read I think we fancy Benicamp, so how do we make sure we are there? Do we literally just find benicamp and go in that way or is there like a main entrance where you are told to go?

WHich camp is the best? And do you get a choice?

From what I have read I think we fancy Benicamp, so how do we make sure we are there? Do we literally just find benicamp and go in that way or is there like a main entrance where you are told to go?

Does anyone have any information about how to get there from Valencia.

There is only two trains running from Valencia to Beni on Monday 12th (on the renfe site), one of which leaves around 13:00. I was hoping to get there around 9am...

Two trains seems ridiculous to me.

I also can't find any buses that go there...

Any help or advice?

Thanks

Hey

Ah cool about the spends and stuff, yeah I'm not planning on being OTT but didn't want to be poor there either haha.

Ok so we're staying in a hotel Orange on the Sunday night and we're gonna wake up the Monday, where do we head? The main arena and get allocated to either FIB or Benicamp, or do we head straight to Benicamp? That is the bit I don't get

Ah cool about the spends and stuff, yeah I'm not planning on being OTT but didn't want to be poor there either haha.

Ok so we're staying in a hotel Orange on the Sunday night and we're gonna wake up the Monday, where do we head? The main arena and get allocated to either FIB or Benicamp, or do we head straight to Benicamp? That is the bit I don't get

The festival isnt to far from hotel orange from what i can remember? think they may even have a shuttle bus running.

You will have to go the main festival entrance to collect you're wristbands, which is just by FIB camp. We got there around 9am monday last year, to be told beni camp was practically full as they had started letting people in Sunday night(to avoid huge ques monday morn) wheather that was true or not i dont know?

Stayed in Fib and had a cracking time last year. As far as i know, Benicamp is mainly brits, whilst in fib there's people from all over the gaff!

safeimagephpdee39953695.jpg

Nuevas confirmaciones = New confirmations

Alex Under, Ash, Brendan Benson, The Clientele, Efterklang, Funkagenda, I Blame Coco, Jack Beats, The Pinker Tones, Puggy, The Ruskins

JUEVES 15 THURSDAY

Benga + Brendan Benson + Broken Bells + Charlotte Gainsbourg + Cohete + Dirty Projectors + El Hijo + Jack L + Joris Voorn + Kasabian + Love of Lesbian + Magnetic Man + The Paris Riots + Puggy + Ray Davies + Skream + Southern Arts Society + The Temper Trap

VIERNES 16 FIRDAY

Alondra Bentley + Boys Noize + Calvin Harris + Cola Jet Set + Delorentos + Fionn Regan + Goldfrapp + The Haçienda Night featuring Graeme Park, DJ Pierre and Justin Robertson + Hot Chip + Ilegales + jj + Julian Casablancas + Mumford & Sons + Peter Hook performing Unknown Pleasures + Scratch Perverts + Dj Shadow + Sr. Chinarro + Timo Maas + Triángulo de amor bizarro + Vampire Weekend + Yacht & The Straight Gaze

SÁBADO 17 SATURDAY

Alex Under + Ash + Bigott + The Clientele + The Cribs + Cuchillo + Cut Copy + Daedelus + Four Tet (live) + Gentle Music Men + Ian Brown + The Japanese Popstars + Jonston + Klaxons + Motor + PiL + The Prodigy + The Ruskins + The Specials + The Sunday Drivers

DOMINGO 18 SUNDAY

The Courteeners + Dizzee Rascal + Echo & The Bunnymen + Efterklang + Ellie Goulding + Foals + Funkagenda + Gorillaz + I Blame Coco + Jack Beats + Leftfield + Lily Allen + Lindstrøm & Christabelle + Midnight Juggernauts + Parade + The Pinker Tones + Prins Thomas + Standstill + Two Door Cinema Club + Yuksek

Edited by MichaelDoyle

Good stuff, wouldn't be too pushed on the new acts announced, Ash might be worth a look but good to get the daily line-up sorted. Reckon another 20 or so smaller acts to be announced over the next couple of weeks and we're good to go, bring it on!!!

Nah, that´s basically it, bar the winning entry from Fast Track to FIB, and the regular smaller DJs on the Eastpak Club stage (formerly the Pista Pop).

It has ended up a pretty acceptable line up - the only weird thing is the large number of folky bands there this year. I wonder how the clubbing crowd will take to it - I imagine the place will be pretty quiet until later on in the evening. Not a lot for the indie kids either - still, its a festie, it isn´t exactly going to be a bad weekend. I bet they don´t sell out this year though.....

Edited by HippyDave

I reckon there'll be a few more smaller acts announced as well. It did say there were to be around 100 acts to be annouced....think theres around 80 or so announced at the minute.

I reckon they'll annouce a few more dance acts & dj's etc.

Sorry, mate, but the Spanish part of the website says:

El cartel quedará cerrado con la incorporación del ganador de Fast Track to FIB Heineken 2010 – cuya final se celebrará el día 8 de junio – y los DJs de Eastpak Club (antes Pista Pop).

"The line-up will close with the incorporation of the winner of Fast Track to FIB 2010 - the final takes place on 8th June - and the DJs for Eastpak Club (formerly Pista Pop)."

The DJs are normally OK - they won´t drag you away from the bigger names, but are a nice dance spot with less people later on.