benicassim 2010

Guest rosiefox

From what i can gather its not. Either if they did make it bigger it would have to be twice as big! Infact even if it was twice as big they are still cashing in on the fact that benicamp/bonet was most peoples favourite campsite.

Its £160 a ticket, €7.50 for a drink in the arena, you have to pay €10 for a festival timetable, we are paying enough as it is, what they are doing is wrong, not to mention how rude they are being to anyone who questions them. Maybe it wont make a difference if we email but i'll feel much better knowing i did.

I even mentioned BBC Watchdog in my email :P

Thats right, i dropped the "Watchdog" Bomb! BOOM!

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right well I've sent the following....will post any responses on here xx

Good afternoon,

Like many others, I have heard about the new Villa Camp at Beni, and I have two questions.

I would like to request two specific answers to these specific questions; please do not email me back and tell me that the info is on the FIB site, as I do not believe it is. (If of course I am mistaken and this exact information does appear, please do feel free to just direct me to the relevant web page, thanks.)

1): What has happened to Beni Camp? (ie, the area that has in the past been known as Beni Camp, what is this now? Has Beni Camp 'become' Villa Camp?)

2): What is the EXACT capacity of Camp FIB? Is it the same as previous years, or has it been extended?

I am sure you are aware that people are extremely unhappy about this development. If we can get some straight answers, I think that would definitely help calm things down.

Many thanks

cheers for info

I've never failed to take alcohol into festivals in the past - but I suspect I've never been to anything quite as commercial as this before.

Are the searches on the way in pretty militant?

just sent an extremely arsey email to the organisers, now waiting for a response!

Dear Sir / Madam

I am writing to express my sincere outrage at the new camping arrangements that have been outlined on www.fiberfib.com, Benicassim's official website. It is apparent that BeniCamp (generally considered the "better" campsite for students such as myself), has been replaced by "VillaCamp", which as far as I can tell, is the same place, except that it costs 65 Euros to pitch a tent there.

My Seetickets confirmation email says the following:

"Reference ******** - 1 4 DAY CAMPING TICKET at £172.50"

This explicitly shows that I have already paid for camping at Benicassim Festival 2010, therefore under no circumstances will I be made to pay a penny more for camping. Unless what was previously CampFIB has had it's capacity doubled, to encompass the same number of people that could have camped for free in previous years, then this new VillaCamp is completely and utterly unjust. I would be interested to know the exact capacity of BeniCamp.

If I arrive at FIB this summer to find that the free campsite is already completely full, I will expect to be directed to another free campsite. As I have already paid for my ticket, including free camping, it would be illegal to force me to pay another 65 Euros.

A quick response would be extremely appreciated.

Sincerely,

Daniel

No reply to my email (shocking!), so have just sent the below....might try and give them a call later today as well x

Please can you respond to my email? I will keep sending it until you do, so you may as well respond sooner rather than later! As I am sure you are keenly aware, there has been a furious backlash to this recent announcement, which is gaining real momentum at the moment with various people talking about Watchdog, legal rights, etc. OK, your organisation is huge and FAR bigger than 'just Beni', and a little dent wouldn't exactly bring it down overnight - but surely this is not the kind of publicity you hope to court?

I really would advise you not to bury your head in the sand and just hope that once people get to the Spanish sunshine they'll chill out and either squish themselves into an overcrowded campsite or pay the 65 euros for the 'new' one...I really WOULD respond to people now, as otherwise I think this could turn into a bit of a media shocker for VPMG...!

Thanks.

lol cheers, although it was them who contacted me!

no problem, she said you can forward the email to her and she will look further into it if you want. let me know and ill pm you her contact details.

I personally think we should still kick up a bit of a stink about VillaCamp, let them know we are not happy with the decision at least, they will only get away with what we let them get away with.

Have to say this camping business has thrown a little spanner in the works for us, it is a bit of a balls up.......theres no way were paying 65 yoyo's ....especially as we'll only be camping for one night.

We're arriving in benni around midday Tuesday but don't get our apartment til about midday Wednesday..so we were just planning on camping in Beni camp for 1 day then going to our apartments as its close by.

You all reckon Campfib will be full by Tuesday around midday? The only thing am worried about is gettin somewhere to fire our bags & gettin a wee base etc.

I reckon the the talk about the making fibcamp bigger is tosh. This is what they put on the website for the camping area's.

CampFIB. CampFIB offers free access to every person who has purchased a 4, 3 or 2 day pass – please look at the terms and conditions stipulated for the camping area-. The camping area is located right by the venue’s main access and has a surface area of 150.000 m2, 50% more than what was available in editions held before 2009. This is the only camping area that can accommodate caravans.

I reckon the the talk about the making fibcamp bigger is tosh. This is what they put on the website for the camping area's.

Before 2009!!. Why? if they are making/made fibcamp bigger, have they not mentioned it on the updated camping section with villacamp?!.

I´m not sure that everyone isn´t getting a little ahead of themselves: if they have sold us all tickets that include free camping, we obviously all get free camping, period. Spain is an EU country, and bound by the same sales laws as everyone else - they can´t make you pay extra for something you have already paid for. Nowhere does it say that if you dont get into FIBCamp your only alternative is the paid site, so I reckon provisions will be in place to cover everybody even if no one took up the VillaCamp option.

I do think it is cheeky that they have allocated the "better" site as a paid option now, but lets face it: it was always a bunfight to get in, and now people can pay a bit extra to get on it if they want to, with the added bonus of nice facilities too. If you don´t want to pay, fine - you´ll still get camped and still get to see all the bands. It does seem a bit like everyone is going mental for no other reason than they may not get on the campsite they wanted. Unfortunately, that´s just the way things are sometimes.

I´m considering paying for it - it sounds quite nice, and I don´t enjoy the pile up in festie camping anymore. I usually camp offsite anyway, so may well check it out as an option.

I liked the one beside the festival site last year anyway. Its a trek to the beach but much easier for when you get messed up before the bands. Also for showering after the inevitable cup of piss lands on you.

I just hope the over-friendly security guard isn't working again at the entrance. He proper cups your balls two or three times. Not just me but my mates behind as well. We had our stash in our sock so weren't that worried but it seemed a bit over the top.......

so ive always camped at benicamp and its looking like this'l be my first year in campfib. just wondering is it really that much further from the beach than benicamp?? how close is the nearest supermarket etc? does anyone have any maps?

Thought it was €6 for a beer last year. Definitely not .5, as the tickets are in single € units, so they couldn't charge €7.50

Disappointing on the camping front. It was pretty full last year, and there were huge areas not under the tarpaulin. Hope they've rectified that this year, or it's going to be uncomfortable.

Thought it was €6 for a beer last year. Definitely not .5, as the tickets are in single € units, so they couldn't charge €7.50

Disappointing on the camping front. It was pretty full last year, and there were huge areas not under the tarpaulin. Hope they've rectified that this year, or it's going to be uncomfortable.

Anyone reckon there's any chance at all that someone other than Vampire Weekend might be headlining, decent band but headliners they are not! Good line-up but can't help wondering if there'll be any more decent announcements or are we pretty much finalised!??

Anyone reckon there's any chance at all that someone other than Vampire Weekend might be headlining, decent band but headliners they are not! Good line-up but can't help wondering if there'll be any more decent announcements or are we pretty much finalised!??