Lowlands 2010

Guest Jaeviatrix

Do NOT buy from second hand vendors.

The Lowlands organisation is trying hard to get rid of them and will invalidate tickets discovered to have been sold through those channels. You could end up having spent 300+ euros on a ticket that leaves you stranded outside the gate. Lowlands is fabulous but not worth that risk.

That said, I don't think the amount of tickets going to the black market is significantly higher than last year. There are other reasons it sold out so quickly:

• The weather. It was perfect last year and is shit currently: people are craving for summer.

• Financial crisis. People are prioritising their expenses and Lowlands happens to be a priority.

• LLaunch. The pre-party created way more media coverage and social awareness during the start of ticket sales.

• Snowball effect. Lowlands sold out earlier than expected last year (May 1), so this year no one took a risk. Indeed all of my friends had their tickets sorted within days.

They will release more tickets when the black market ones have been invalidated, last year they had two batches of 500 in July and August. But considering that the last 10.000 tickets sold in less than a day I wouldn't have high hopes of catching those released tickets unless you fanatically follow @Rapid_Razor_Bob (the Lowlands PR Twitter) with proper Dutch skills. :P

None of that stress for me fortunately.. I even got a pie with my ticket as it was the very first one sold. :P

eersteticket.jpg

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Happy to hear that, sort of. Lowlands is a festival with music and not a music festival. Key difference being that the atmosphere is more important and not the names. So people who decided on the basis of names lack a certain amount of 'tude. ;-)

Nothing personal of course. :-)

I of course agree that festivals are not all about the bands but when theres such a large selection of festivals to choose from you gotta get selective somewhere. Especially when its such a large investment. The only other european fest iv been to is rock werchter so wouldnt know about the 'atmosphere' or anything like that in any of the others so gotta go by bands, price and location

• 2 weeks later...