Southsea Fest 2009

Guest rseamer

Just wondering if anyone here is going to this. Tickets seem very cheap (less than 15 quid). Its a bit like Portsmouths version of The Great Escape, but with less venues involved (about 6 this year I think) but each venue has a large no of bands playing as things run from lunchtime through to eve. Bands booked include James Yuill, Smoke Fairies, Joy Formiddable, Doll and the Kicks, Strange Death Of Liberal England, Thomas Tantrum, The B Of The Bang and Django Django.

I haven't seen much advertising locally for it and wondered if anyone new about it / went last year and what was it like ?

• 4 weeks later...
Just wondering if anyone here is going to this. Tickets seem very cheap (less than 15 quid). Its a bit like Portsmouths version of The Great Escape, but with less venues involved (about 6 this year I think) but each venue has a large no of bands playing as things run from lunchtime through to eve. Bands booked include James Yuill, Smoke Fairies, Joy Formiddable, Doll and the Kicks, Strange Death Of Liberal England, Thomas Tantrum, The B Of The Bang and Django Django.

I haven't seen much advertising locally for it and wondered if anyone new about it / went last year and what was it like ?

Was a pretty good event. Due to several stages running either behind / ahead of timetabled schedule it did seem a bit like a glorified pub crawl with pot luck as to what bands you saw, but as tickets were so cheap this didn't really matter.... I managed to see about 8 bands for my 12 quid including James Yuill and Chris TT. No problems with getting into venues though, and as most of them were so close together it was easy to flit between venues (unlike bigger events such as The Great Escape for example) if you wanted, although I pretty much stayed in the same place the whole day.