Celtic Blue Rock Festival, West Wales

Guest William of Walworth

Anyone on efests heading for the Celtic Blue Rock Festival in West Wales this coming weekend??

We have very little information as this will be our first one. It's not far from us (we're in Swansea) but are finding concrete information hard to find, the website is not all that informative.

Can't find any existing thread here on this, apologies if I've missed it .....

Frinstance, what's the deal with alcohol, can you bring your own supplies across the whole arena, and is there Real Ale (and real Cider?) available in the beer tent?

What are Security like? Laid back or more on the heavy side?

When does music actually end on Sunday (looks like that could be as early as midday :P ) -- how soon do you have to leave the site?

Atmosphere?

Food?

Stalls?

I've heard up to 8,000 could be there, bigger than Endorse It In Dorset in other words -- is this correct?

If you've been before or if you know more generally, please share your thinking and impressions and information .....

Cheers,

A Newbie :P

Edited by William of Walworth

Hey,

Might be a bit late in replying but anyway...

There is beer for sale on site, its usually just lager and cider and creamflow though, nothing exciting. You can take your own beer onsite, i'm pretty sure you can't take them into the stage enclosure though but I may be wrong... I seem to remember not being allowed to take cans in with me to watch bands last year. There might be stalls selling real ale and cider but again im not sure as I just took beer with me.

The security are pretty decent, I have never been searched entering or leaving the site but there are Police patrolling the roads around the site as with most festivals so keep your wits about you.

Last year around 7000 people attended the festival, it seemed like ALOT more though!

The atmosphere is generally pretty awesome! Everyone you meet is there for a good time and no aggro at all.

You will really enjoy Bluerock! Although it is a small festival, there is plenty to see and do. The campsite is also really good fun in the night, lots going on and fun people to meet.

Have fun!!