Great Escape Festival 2010

Guest Trani on 10

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

How about camping?

I was talking to the people who run the temporary camp site at Devils Dyke Farm for the Pride weekend and they'd definitely be up for doing a Great Escape camp site if there's enough demand.

The farm's a couple of miles out of town on the South Downs, complete with sea views and a nearby pub.

Just a thought!

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The last three years there have been day tickets available. About £20/ £22.50 quid each if I remember rightly, maybe they don't come on sale until the 'early bird' part is up.

I imagine it'll be the same this year, but the difference from early bird to Friday / Saturday only tickets will be negligible, if any.

Today's second wave was a bit poor imo, but first one was good so it's looking okay at this very early stage:

Basia Bulat Best Coast Broken Social Scene Chase and Status Chateau Marmont Chew Lips Cold Cave Crystal Fighters Delphic Ellie Goulding Esben & The Witch Eskimo joe Ghost Bees Gringo Star Hurts Japandroids Japanese Voyeurs John Smith Kid Bombardos Lets Go To War Little Death Marina and the Diamonds Paul Dempsey Philadelphia Grand Jury Pony Pony Run Run Realestate Slow Club The Dutchess & The Duke The Ruby Suns Timber Timbre Wild Palms Young Rival

as well as the second wave of names they announced the single day tickets info

"Single day tickets for The Great Escape 2010 are now on sale! With great bands spread across 3 days of the festival, don’t miss out. Day ticket prices are as follows:

Thursday Ticket £22.50

Friday Ticket £27.50

Saturday Ticket £30.00"

I've been checking out the newly added bands and they are a little underhwelming but The Dutchess & The Duke seem really good.

• 1 month later...

I should be going again this year hopefully. Not as many 'must see' bands for me this year but I like that since it means I can pretty much just wander around the city and see what's happenin' so to speak. There is no 'must see' on the Thursday so far so I'm going to have a stress-free evening!

• 2 weeks later...

So the full lineup is announced and it's not as stellar as previous years but with the fringe gigs like

the computers/goodtime boys (pennie from the automatic's hardcore band) at the hope on the wed

men/talons at the pav tav on the fri

turbowolf/ghost of a thousand at the loft on the fri

throats/brontide at the pav tav on the sat

and no doubt gigs during the daytime i am sure it's still going to be an amazing experience.

• 2 weeks later...

2 of my friends can't make it anymore so got 2 spare tickets (in hand) for the full three days which we're looking to sell at early bird ticket price face value.

Send me a PM on here and i'll give you my email address to sort out the details.

Cheers

Dan

I'm making my first visit to this festival (volcanic ash cloud permitting), especially as my new favourite band are playing - Katzenjammer.

Four hugely talented Norwegian women whose first album, Le Pop, has a folk flavour but more like Gogol Bordello than Laura Marling. Their song, A Bar in Amsterdam, is insanely catchy and they should be brilliant live, if their EPK and other videos on You Tube, are anything to go by.

Lots of other good bands too and they do say Brighton is a good place to visit. Roll on the end of the week.