80s Rewind Festival

Guest thischarmingman08

Certainly am, Going to be about 5-10 of us. I'm hoping to moor my boat nearby so that I can commute in but the rest of them are camping. I have acamping ticket too if I can't be arsed with the journey too and fro!

No idea about the layout but Ican tell you that the road leading to the siteis single trackand traffic is likely to be a nightmare!

Looking forward to it, The local papaer said they're expecting 20,000 people. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

It sounds like a nice location especially if the weather is nice. I cant think of anything better to do than spend three days dancing to 80's music in the sun with a nice beer. On that subject, I wonder what beers will be on offer. I have been spoilt since going to Glastonbury where they have a real ale tent.

Edited by SecretShame

• 2 weeks later...

Rewind Festival revised..

Just back from the Rewind Festival. Superb show with a lot of potential :D but there are a few negative points spoiling the positive vibes. I have been to quite a number of festivals lately and this was the first time that the door control was so anal that you were not even allowed to bring a pack of crisps, a muesli bar or apple into the grounds. :D Most disappointing was the traffic management from the car park, where people in the regular queue had to wait for nearly an hour as the gate warden gave preference to those jumping the queue.. :D

Edited by johndoe666

Rewind Festival revised..

Just back from the Rewind Festival. Superb show with a lot of potential :P but there are a few negative points spoiling the positive vibes. I have been to quite a number of festivals lately and this was the first time that the door control was so anal that you were not even allowed to bring a pack of crisps, a muesli bar or apple into the grounds. :( Most disappointing was the traffic management from the car park, where people in the regular queue had to wait for nearly an hour as the gate warden gave preference to those jumping the queue.. :lol:

Did anybody else think that Paul Young was pissed as a fart? He sounded dreadful and was soooo out of tune. The highlight for me was watching Billy Ocean picking a young girl out of the crowd to 'entertain' and then walking past her and noticing the big massive spots on her back and imagining Billy in an ocean of pus. LOL. Kim Wilde was fit. ABC were amazing. Billy Ocean stonking. Phil Jupitus was terrified at first but put in a fantastic performance. The Real Thing were superb.It didn't help that his microphone wouldn't work for 75% of the first song. Will deffo be going next year IF you can take your own food in - I won't be going if you can't.

I just got back from Rewind....what a great festival...!

For the first one I think it was fantastic - the vibe was beautiful, lovely friendly people and some surprisingly amazing performances. Was I the only one to think that Sister Sledge were brilliant...? Loved Howard Jones and Bananarama altough secretly gutted that they didnt play Nathan Jones...!

Didnt see Paul Young but yeah, I heard he was very ropey. Shame.

Think Rick Astley summed it all up, I loved his attitude and was just up for a really good time.

Well done Rewind, definitely there next year...

I thought it was a great festival and really hope they hold it again next year. A couple of annoying things were that there were loads of people with massive cool boxes filled with beer that just seemed to have walked straight in with them yet it clearly said no food and drink to be brought into the arena. The most annoying thing was that they ran out of wristbands on the Sunday which meant that people with wristbands could take their tickets out to friends and they could get in for free. There were loads of people yesterday without wristbands and I wonder how many got in for free.

I thought it was a great festival and really hope they hold it again next year. A couple of annoying things were that there were loads of people with massive cool boxes filled with beer that just seemed to have walked straight in with them yet it clearly said no food and drink to be brought into the arena.

• 2 weeks later...

I attended both Rewind and Retrofest (which Rewind is an almost carbon copy of) and have to say that I still preferred Retrofest even with all the hassles it has had this year. Retrofest had longer sets by the artists and in my opinion had a better atmosphere. Sure it was a smaller site but the bars had a better choice of beer/cider/pop drinks and the beach was a hoot. Headphone Disco is worth the admission price alone and it was good to see acts on the Retrofest stage that were not part of the Here and Now roster such as Level 42, Bad Manners, One Night of Queen (who were awesome) and even cheesy popstars like Bay City Rollers and Showaddywaddy. A touch of class was also added by Average White Band.

As much as I enjoyed Rewind I think I would only do Retrofest again next year - so long as it still goes ahead!