The Glastonbury Spirit ?

Guest Alf Tupper

So it was the first Glastonbury for me this year and my thoughts on what I thought it may be like left err well making me feel a bit wet behind the ears.

Having firstly met Glastoman on a lift share at Bath we chatted constantly about all things musical and family life during an unbelieveable 4 1/2 hour 20 mile journey, thanks for the conversation John.

With the promise of meeting so many wonderful people on this forum I was looking forward to the first meet, this happened for me at the real ale tent, on meeting a small group of people one or two were quite friendly the remainder seem to love the sound of their own voices, and their voices only.

The second meet at the cider bus was a decent improvement, it was good to meet Dave the Buddhist, if you read this Dave please send me a PM, Angel of Harlem has the sweetest dare i say it middle aged person I had met in a long while, some guy from Derby who told me Jacko had died was a good lad, and finally Lucious Lucy was way past conversation (with respect Lucy!!!).

But what really griped me was that on day 3 i was locked in pain from an illness I have which rears its ugly head at all the wrong times and lasted for the remainder of the festival, it is plain to see when I am struggling with mobillity that I am in lots and lots of pain and giving way from time to time helps just a little bit and restores your faith in humanity.

In the final 48 hours I was determined to see how much i could cram in as the pain is temporary but the memories last much much longer, I must have walked around and along side 10s of thousands of people and sitting here tonight typing this i still cant believe that not one single person gave me a little space from time to time, i dont expect sympathy im not that sort but visually if you see someone limping like they have shit themselves surely you think ooh the guys in pain give him some space to walk straight on, incredibly in civvy street I occasionaly get asked if I am ok ?

A large amount of chav seemed to be in most areas I wandered through with the exception of the circus field which I think has been mentioned elsewhere

All said and done though I will be back next year, i learned some valuable lessons this year and the people personally mentioned above added a sense of enjoyment to what turned out to be a difficult time, so thanks to you guys.

And ive just remembered that i even limped horribly past Lilly Allen behind the Pyramid and even that vile creature looked down her nose at me, oh well summed up the person I though she was anyway!!

Hopefully the decent people out there/on here had a great time.

Hope to meet up with a couple of you at other festies or at Glastonbury next year.

So it was the first Glastonbury for me this year and my thoughts on what I thought it may be like left err well making me feel a bit wet behind the ears.

Having firstly met Glastoman on a lift share at Bath we chatted constantly about all things musical and family life during an unbelieveable 4 1/2 hour 20 mile journey, thanks for the conversation John.

With the promise of meeting so many wonderful people on this forum I was looking forward to the first meet, this happened for me at the real ale tent, on meeting a small group of people one or two were quite friendly the remainder seem to love the sound of their own voices, and their voices only.

The second meet at the cider bus was a decent improvement, it was good to meet Dave the Buddhist, if you read this Dave please send me a PM, Angel of Harlem has the sweetest dare i say it middle aged person I had met in a long while, some guy from Derby who told me Jacko had died was a good lad, and finally Lucious Lucy was way past conversation (with respect Lucy!!!).

But what really griped me was that on day 3 i was locked in pain from an illness I have which rears its ugly head at all the wrong times and lasted for the remainder of the festival, it is plain to see when I am struggling with mobillity that I am in lots and lots of pain and giving way from time to time helps just a little bit and restores your faith in humanity.

In the final 48 hours I was determined to see how much i could cram in as the pain is temporary but the memories last much much longer, I must have walked around and along side 10s of thousands of people and sitting here tonight typing this i still cant believe that not one single person gave me a little space from time to time, i dont expect sympathy im not that sort but visually if you see someone limping like they have shit themselves surely you think ooh the guys in pain give him some space to walk straight on, incredibly in civvy street I occasionaly get asked if I am ok ?

A large amount of chav seemed to be in most areas I wandered through with the exception of the circus field which I think has been mentioned elsewhere

All said and done though I will be back next year, i learned some valuable lessons this year and the people personally mentioned above added a sense of enjoyment to what turned out to be a difficult time, so thanks to you guys.

And ive just remembered that i even limped horribly past Lilly Allen behind the Pyramid and even that vile creature looked down her nose at me, oh well summed up the person I though she was anyway!!

Hopefully the decent people out there/on here had a great time.

Hope to meet up with a couple of you at other festies or at Glastonbury next year.

Edited by glastoman417

Aww mate, sorry to hear that. It was an absolute pleasure to meet you, I missed you after the Friday, I thought your battery had died and had no way of getting hold of you.

I tried ringing you a couple of times after I got back but it went to voicemail.

People can be absolute c*nts sometimes. I mean the able bodied people who sit around in chairs out of lazyness get on my nerves, but people who genuinely need them inspire me. I find glasto heavy going sometimes and I'm able bodied.

I think main lesson for next year is to bring spare phone batteries!

Hope you make it back next year, and if you decide to go to Bestival let me know!

If you're ever around Merseyside, give me a shout!

And thanks again for the lift!

sorry to hear people didn't cut you a break. that's terrible. personally, i try to make as much room for the less able as i can cos gawd knows when that'll be me. maybe the increasing youth of the festival haven't got to the stage of life yet where that becomes a real point of consideration. they will though.

sorry to hear people didn't cut you a break. that's terrible. personally, i try to make as much room for the less able as i can cos gawd knows when that'll be me. maybe the increasing youth of the festival haven't got to the stage of life yet where that becomes a real point of consideration. they will though.

Jon

I ventured to the Orange Chill and Charge tent, spent half an hour standing around, only to find that the battery is permanently screwed, hence non communication.

Yes will still do it again next year but will keep it down to three nights this time, ill let you know if im heading oop north anytime soon :)

I like to think I am pretty aware of my soroundings and really hope that I would notice people who might need some help or just need me to get the hell of their way! I am hoping that I was considerate of everyone else and would always try to help someone out.

I'm glad that this hasn't put you off totally and that you are going next year again. I am going to make a special effort next year to make sure I am more considerate because I know there are people who don't find being there and getting around so easy and would hate to think that I was someone who wouldn't help in some way. :)