Thieving Toerags

Guest Scouse Andy

What an unfortunate finish I had to my first Glasto experience.

I arrived at (eventually) and when my friends evetually arrived (10pm) I decided to relocate the next day to spend more time with them.

When I got up there my brand new trolley had a second purpose, a mini shower. For 5 days this worked a treat and sat queitly between two tents, subtly out of the way without any issue. Come the last night while we were in bed, some kind person decided I needed more exercise and took the bleeding thing.

So all of my kit that brought extra solely because I had a trolley suddenly became a burden, so as a consequence, a tent, double airbed and plastic box were left with the rubbish collection.

So long lovely trolley, you did me proud, but I am also proud to say I managed to walk from entrance gate D to my car in E3 (!!!!!) with all of my remaing kit and am still alive to tell the tale!

I will be back next year, probably with a trolley again, but this time with an electric cattle prod connected to it!

Andy

Edited by Scouse Andy

What an unfortunate finish I had to my first Glasto experience.

I arrived at (eventually) and when my friends evetually arrived (10pm) I decided to relocate the next day to spend more time with them.

When I got up there my brand new trolley had a second purpose, a mini shower. For 5 days this worked a treat and sat queitly between two tents, subtly out of the way without any issue. Come the last night while we were in bed, some kind person decided I needed more exercise and took the bleeding thing.

So all of my kit that brought extra solely because I had a trolley suddenly became a burden, so as a consequence, a tent, double airbed and plastic box were left with the rubbish collection.

So long lovely trolley, you did me proud, but I am also proud to say I managed to walk from entrance gate D to my car in E3 (!!!!!) with all of my remaing kit and am still alive to tell the tale!

I will be back next year, probably with a trolley again, but this time with an electric cattle prod connected to it!

Andy

Fatal mistake leaving it upright and on show I'm afraid.

Lots of people take a decent bike lock and attach them to a nearby lighting scaff pole or fence but I appreciate that wouldn't be much use for the showering. You can get these big corkscrew spikes that you drive into the ground (meant for attaching a dog to) that are quite cheap though, bike lock to one of those would put most people off trying to steal it, especially if you took two and spaced them a foot apart so that they could not be untwisted from the ground.

The other thing with those trolleys is that it's usually easy to remove one or both wheels and hide them in a tent or better still different tents, usually they're just held on to the axle with a spring clip.

I saw one that was identical to this in the car park on the way out (22 West). It had just been dumped - maybe it was yours. If we had room for it we would have picked it up, but decided against it in the end.

My mate had his chair nicked on the first night, and I swear some chavvy bastard that had "sneaked in" on the Sunday tried befriending me with the intention of pick-pocketing me. Unfortunately for him I was completely sober due to the fact I hammered it far too much on the Saturday, and so was able to realise what was going on.

Managed to keep hold of all my possesions, and had the time of my life. Amazing.