Cockmill Meadow Family Camping

Guest med

I would really love to camp in Cockmill Meadow, but it dosen't look like we're gonna be arriving until Thursday lunchtime ish.. from what I can gather from people that normally camp there, it gets full by Wednesday evening.. If it's already full then we need to head to the other side of the site to park nearer the other family camping field, otherwise it's rather along walk with a family load of gear.

Does anyone know if there's any way to find out if the field is full before you decide which route to take. I doubt there is, but thought I'd ask..

Thank you :(

I would really love to camp in Cockmill Meadow, but it dosen't look like we're gonna be arriving until Thursday lunchtime ish.. from what I can gather from people that normally camp there, it gets full by Wednesday evening.. If it's already full then we need to head to the other side of the site to park nearer the other family camping field, otherwise it's rather along walk with a family load of gear.

Does anyone know if there's any way to find out if the field is full before you decide which route to take. I doubt there is, but thought I'd ask..

Thank you :(

Thank you so much for everyones coments. I've never camped Cockmill & would really like to as it's so close to the kids field & to our entry route. But we have got a big tent..

Maybe we'll just try our luck & if it's full we'll just have to walk to Hitchings Hill again..

Many thanks

If you're just one tent you should be fine squeezing at that time. Head higher up, under the wires is the last to go.

Cockmill is probably the nicest field in the north, I'd say. And muddy lane will be pedestrianised this year, makes for nice walk home at night :)

Thank you so much for everyones coments. I've never camped Cockmill & would really like to as it's so close to the kids field & to our entry route. But we have got a big tent..

Maybe we'll just try our luck & if it's full we'll just have to walk to Hitchings Hill again..

Many thanks

Thank you ;)

i'm travelling with a couple of older teenagers. does this mean i wo'nt be allowed to camp in the family field. i will be cooking and basically parenting etc.. so i would rather be in a family field than not. what does the 'law' say on this subject.