best camping

Guest luus

wer not getting there till aout 2 oclock thursday morning. wheres the best place we can hope to get? Done the same last year and mangaed to get an ok spot near pennards hill.

any one recommend any where better?

wer not getting there till aout 2 oclock thursday morning. wheres the best place we can hope to get? Done the same last year and mangaed to get an ok spot near pennards hill.

any one recommend any where better?

Gaaaah!

Just turn up...ask the stewards if unsure. If you know Pennards is still good...and it usually is these days tbh, then why the questions?

:):lol:

I've nearly always camped on Pennards Hill and found it to be great. I'm careful to camp further up the hill these days though, after seeing the mess it's ended up in during the wetter years. It's handy for all of the main stages and close by for Trash City and the Green Fields for some late night partying. I made the mistake of camping in Holts Field one year. It was probably just bad luck, but we ended up with really annoying neighbours who chucked bottles and cans at people's tents for what seemed like most of the weekend. Also it's very busy with people walking through that whole area pretty much 24 hours a day. It just depends what you like really, and there's camping for all tastes dotted around the site.

xx

I've nearly always camped on Pennards Hill and found it to be great. I'm careful to camp further up the hill these days though, after seeing the mess it's ended up in during the wetter years. It's handy for all of the main stages and close by for Trash City and the Green Fields for some late night partying. I made the mistake of camping in Holts Field one year. It was probably just bad luck, but we ended up with really annoying neighbours who chucked bottles and cans at people's tents for what seemed like most of the weekend. Also it's very busy with people walking through that whole area pretty much 24 hours a day. It just depends what you like really, and there's camping for all tastes dotted around the site.

xx

Another camping question; thought I'd ask here rather than create a new thread.

Our party is new to Glastonbury. One of us has been pretty seriously ill relatively recently and generally needs a good amount of rest/sleep. Obviously that's going to be trickier than normal, we're not expecting a nice 11am-9am sleep. But we would prefer somewhere a bit quieter or where it is at least possible to get a few hours kip. We were thinking Pennards as it's well located but not sure about noise issues there. What's it like and are there other more suitable places?

Cheers.

Our party is new to Glastonbury. One of us has been pretty seriously ill relatively recently and generally needs a good amount of rest/sleep. Obviously that's going to be trickier than normal, we're not expecting a nice 11am-9am sleep. But we would prefer somewhere a bit quieter or where it is at least possible to get a few hours kip. We were thinking Pennards as it's well located but not sure about noise issues there. What's it like and are there other more suitable places?

Cheers.

i've been asking around for quieter places as i was hoping to relax a bit in the evening. at 44 i ca'nt be arsed with staying up all night, and besides i am into a more relaxed way of life nowadays. some of the suggestions have been good as i have'nt been to glastonbury for years and was not aware of where the quieter places are . dairy ground seemed to be the one that people found the most quiet, although its difficult to get a place thats quiet and not too far away from everything. south park looks ok also as does the places called woodsies, wicket ground and lime kiln and hitchin hill ground. although be warned as they may be quite a hike from all the revelry and saturnalia x.

Cheers.

• 1 year later...

Hiya,

I stayed in Pennards Hill in 2009 - it was ok as we were all partying into the early hours, although gettin any sleep at all was made difficult by one certain group shouting, screaming, drumming, throwing things. I'm all for having an awesome time, but don't see the point in acting OTT like an idiot while doing so! The rest of the people around us were fab though so was just unlucky to have them there too!

I think it's very much luck on who your neighbours are, and your chances of having idiots around are heightened in the more popular campsites like, Pennards, Big Ground, Holts etc.

I've heard Park and Dairy ground are pretty chilled but still not too far from the action! Park area is really nice as well, good music, tents, bar, stage etc. Would reccommend there i think...

Hope it's helpful!