Anyone gone VIP before?

Guest spikytom

I’ve been lucky enough to win a couple of VIP tickets for this years fest and ive got a few questions for anyone whos done the whole VIP thing before...

1 – The competition woman told me that as there are no photos on the tickets, the only acceptable ID to get in is photo ID with your address on it and that has to be either a driving license or a passport. It only occurred to me a few days later that my driving license is provisional and still has my old address on it and that passports don’t have addresses on them at all! Is any other form of ID acceptable, or will they accept a passport anyway?

2 – Whats the deal with VIP wristbands? Do you just get a standard festival one and then a plastic VIP one? And do you get the VIP ones on the gate when you go in or do you have to pick them up from somewhere else?

3 – will I need my photo id to get back in if I go out to go to the car? Obviously if im having to take my passport I want to stash it in the property lock ups asap and don’t really want to be carrying it around too much! And do you need to show your VIP wristband as well as your pass out ticket, ticket stub and regular wristband? (just a concern if you have to pick up the VIP ones from elsewhere)

4 – what extra stuff do you get? We wont be making use of the VIP camping as we want to camp with mates (although the missus might take advantage of the showers!) but I understand we get to go in that big compound between the pyramid and other stage? What about backstage at the dance village? Obviously its not access all areas but just wondering where we can and cant go!

Any answers to any of these would be muchly appreciated! :D

I’ve been lucky enough to win a couple of VIP tickets for this years fest and ive got a few questions for anyone whos done the whole VIP thing before...

1 – The competition woman told me that as there are no photos on the tickets, the only acceptable ID to get in is photo ID with your address on it and that has to be either a driving license or a passport. It only occurred to me a few days later that my driving license is provisional and still has my old address on it and that passports don’t have addresses on them at all! Is any other form of ID acceptable, or will they accept a passport anyway?

2 – Whats the deal with VIP wristbands? Do you just get a standard festival one and then a plastic VIP one? And do you get the VIP ones on the gate when you go in or do you have to pick them up from somewhere else?

3 – will I need my photo id to get back in if I go out to go to the car? Obviously if im having to take my passport I want to stash it in the property lock ups asap and don’t really want to be carrying it around too much! And do you need to show your VIP wristband as well as your pass out ticket, ticket stub and regular wristband? (just a concern if you have to pick up the VIP ones from elsewhere)

4 – what extra stuff do you get? We wont be making use of the VIP camping as we want to camp with mates (although the missus might take advantage of the showers!) but I understand we get to go in that big compound between the pyramid and other stage? What about backstage at the dance village? Obviously its not access all areas but just wondering where we can and cant go!

Any answers to any of these would be muchly appreciated! :D

1. Take your passport and a band statement or utility bill.. They're more concerned with making sure your name is correct. You won't need this every time you go in and out, once you've got the wrist band on, it's all about the band, stash other stuff at lockup. If you leave the whole site, it's ticket, pass out stub and wristband. To go in and out of VIP, it's just wristband.

The back stage area is very good for cutting between the two main stages (it can reduce time down to about 5 minutes). There is a bar backstage and the toilets are slightly better but that is about it. I'm sure if you hang about long enough you will spot one of the geldorf girls or similar but that's not really my scene, use it as a walkway and spend as much time out and about in the festival

yeah, i'm definitely going to be taking advantage of the short cut between stages but thats about it, dont want to miss the real festival and spend too long hanging around trying to spot z list celebs!

Its the ID thing that concerns me most, if possible i want to avoid bringing my passport at all as ive got a habit of losing important things! would be good if wecould get away with just some utility bills or something instead.. I'll have to check again whats required, maybe i'll get in touch with worthy farm instead of the competition woman as they might actually know what theyre talking about!

Ok well ive spoken to someone at worthy farm and they said that you definitely need photo ID – a utility bill won’t do. But they said you can use a citizen card and luckily I had one made up for glasto a few years back. They say they don’t need proof of address at all, just photo ID which matches the name on the ticket (and your face, obviously!)

I’m just a bit dubious about this, I don’t want to take my passport if I can help it but I don’t want to leave it at home if I might need it to get in! So can anyone else confirm or deny these entry requirements?! They also said I definitely WONT need id for re-entry once im in, does anybody know if this is definitely the case?

Sorry im a bit of a worrier but I don’t want anything to ruin glasto! :lol:

Ok well ive spoken to someone at worthy farm and they said that you definitely need photo ID – a utility bill won’t do. But they said you can use a citizen card and luckily I had one made up for glasto a few years back. They say they don’t need proof of address at all, just photo ID which matches the name on the ticket (and your face, obviously!)

I’m just a bit dubious about this, I don’t want to take my passport if I can help it but I don’t want to leave it at home if I might need it to get in! So can anyone else confirm or deny these entry requirements?! They also said I definitely WONT need id for re-entry once im in, does anybody know if this is definitely the case?

Sorry im a bit of a worrier but I don’t want anything to ruin glasto! :lol:

They will ask for photo ID to make sure the face on the id matches your face and name on the ticket before giving you your wristband.

Also there's no camping this year in old backstage area unless you're in rv or tipi. New backstage camping has showers though. You can still use old backstage or interstage area for bar and short cut.

Sorry im a bit of a worrier but I don’t want anything to ruin glasto! B)