Cooler box ice packs

Guest johnc86

I aquired a few medical grade ice packs... I assume they use them for keeping organs fresh, etc. They're very good anyway!

I find frozen cans of lager to be reasonably effective, although it depends on how long you expect the cooling effect to last. The big upside is that they add no weight to your gear because you'd be taking them anyway, and when they thaw out you have a nice cold can.

Jusy ordered 30 of them instant ice packs, quailty idea. Done a trial run yestersday and they stay cold for much longer than 20 minutes.

Iv'e got a 24 can cooler bag and plan to chuck 4 ice packs in when i wake up, they should get the cans nice and cold and keep them that way most of the day

50p each for 24 or more

www.physioroom.com

If you're gonna be taking bottled water, why not freeze that & put it in your coolbox?

I've tried with some 2 litre coke bottles filled with water & the beer was still cold after 2 complete days.

The bigger the block of ice the longer it takes to fully defrost - standard freezer blocks for coolboxes are only supposed to last for a day.