Has anyone ever got in with someone elses ticket?

Guest Crouchie

What are the realistic chances of doing this?

A friend can't go for a very valid medical reason but cant get a refund - her mate would like to go but doesnt have a ticket. They are both female and friend 2 could get some additional ID off the one who can't go. They dont look much alike but she could maybe buy a wig and look similar.

It is a long way for us to go if we cant pull it off though.

anyone ever bribed the people on the gates to let them in?? 20 quid in the hand?

:blink:

I know its not supossed to be done but there is no touting going on here its just someone trying to save someone losing all their money because of something they can not avoid.

Its been done, and reported back as done and tbh...the entrances are staffed mostly by young volunteers and I for one have never witnessed any of them doing a passport control stylee really checking the face against the picture. :lol:

And if an impromptu hair dye can take place...and/or an excuse made up saying 'oh that photo was taken 4 years ago etc' then give that a go as well.

I know for one...the person whose ticket also arrived with mine...he certainly doesnt look anything like his 2 year old Glasto Rego photo after 9 months of living out of a van in Oz and not shaving since about August last year! :lol:

NOT saying your chum needs to grow a beard...! :blink:

Edited by LusciousLucy

Defo can be done.

A girl from our group last year couldn't make it so she gave it one of our other mates (also of the female variety).

Now the girl who couldn't make it has pink hair and piercings - the lucky lady who used her ticket most certainly has not!

On the way in the guy at the gate looked at the ticket and said....

'Ahh you've changed your hairstyle, a change for the better I think' She was then waved through without any questioning or issues.

I think generally they don't give a flying fuff, unless you're really really unlukcy and get a jobsworth.

Now I'm not encouraging this or advocating it beacause there is always the risk that they'll get stopped and it is a going to be a massive inconvenience and waste of money if you've travelled a long way ... but just sharing my experience

What are the realistic chances of doing this?

A friend can't go for a very valid medical reason but cant get a refund - her mate would like to go but doesnt have a ticket. They are both female and friend 2 could get some additional ID off the one who can't go. They dont look much alike but she could maybe buy a wig and look similar.

It is a long way for us to go if we cant pull it off though.

anyone ever bribed the people on the gates to let them in?? 20 quid in the hand?

:P

I know its not supossed to be done but there is no touting going on here its just someone trying to save someone losing all their money because of something they can not avoid.

After going for nearly 20 years and having the worst year in 2007 we decided we werent going again. Four days before the festival started last year we changed our minds! Ended up getting tickets off someone and the photos were dodgy to say the least! We got in no problem although my son had to try two gates before he got in. It was so stressful I wouldnt recommend it! I would certainly never do it again although having said that if I didnt get a ticket I might change my mind as I couldnt really stand not going ;)

Peeps...am starting to have just a wee bit of concern here...a lot of talk going on about ticket swapping may get noticed by GFL...hopefully the concern is nothing but talk like this COULD end up with volunteer staff being told to be extra vigilant...panic and paranoia over...normality will resume now.