Blankets

Guest redmosquito

The wife and I are getting a little impatient for thwe next 2 weeks to be over and to fill the time we've started to pack up our stuff. At the moment we have a little too much and we want to take only the bare essentials and get everything else we need. One thing we always take to a festival is a nice warm blanket which serves to keep her warm whilst we wait and then watch the later acts and then obviously helps keep us nice and snug in the tent later.

I've not been to Glastonbury for a few years and I'm sure I remember a charity stall that was selling second hand blankets. Am I right in thinking there is somewhere on site to buy blankets or have I seen this stall at another festival?

If there is one, can anyone remember how much they were roughly charging last year?

Cheers and see you all in 2 weeks and 1 day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

I love the charity blanket stall - you can buy huge, warm blankets from there for around £5. It's right near the Guardian stand to the right of the Pyramid stage (as you're facing it). There are other stands which sell them, but the charity one is the best!

I always wrap myself up in one of those when the cold and tiredness catches up with me by the end of the festival!

Edited by amanda77

I love the charity blanket stall - you can buy huge, warm blankets from there for around £5. It's right near the Guardian stand to the right of the Pyramid stage (as you're facing it). There are other stands which sell them, but the charity one is the best!

I always wrap myself up in one of those when the cold and tiredness catches up with me by the end of the festival!

The wife and I are getting a little impatient for thwe next 2 weeks to be over and to fill the time we've started to pack up our stuff. At the moment we have a little too much and we want to take only the bare essentials and get everything else we need. One thing we always take to a festival is a nice warm blanket which serves to keep her warm whilst we wait and then watch the later acts and then obviously helps keep us nice and snug in the tent later.

I've not been to Glastonbury for a few years and I'm sure I remember a charity stall that was selling second hand blankets. Am I right in thinking there is somewhere on site to buy blankets or have I seen this stall at another festival?

If there is one, can anyone remember how much they were roughly charging last year?

Cheers and see you all in 2 weeks and 1 day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

After setting up my tent in 2003 I left it for five minutes to meet a friend - when I returned someone had been in and stolen my sleeping bag. I was gone for such a short time that I left my money, car keys etc in the tent - they were all untouched. Very strange... Anyway, Joe Bananas for a lifesaver as I bought a big fluffy purple blanket from there which kept me lovely & snug. We had it for a few years but then gave it away, I miss it now!

I'm going to buy another one this year

JBs blankets are often ex electric blankets and are very warm but Oxfam sell them too and the money obviously goes to charidee...so its up to you which one you buy from but I know where I would go. And Oxfam also do those lovely patchwork knitted ones for a tenner which remind you of being 1 again and walking around you look like Elmer the Elephant! :)

RD012.jpg

Joe Bananas (at least 2 locations over the site)

Oxfam

I have seen others (army surplus mainly)

This year I am thinking seriously of not bringing a sleeping bag and stocking up on some woollen blankets to take home with me as:

- It is the cheapest way to get a woolen blanket

- I'm needing 2 at least for a project :)