new announcement

Guest DR OK

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not heard of quite a lot of the bands.

i quite like the view (the nme bigged them up so much when their debut album was out i think that the hate they are receiving now is a bit of a backlash), the joy formidable and pulled apart by horses (saw them both on the introducing stage last year and they were really good).

will have to research the rest!

robx

Edited by robsadler

Wow. They are really scraping the bottom of the barrell this year. The View are an awful, awful band and the rest of those announced aren't much better. So much for FLC and all the other better suggestions. Apparently it's all mainstream and obscure indie and emo. No room for proven entities :)
Edited by inspectedinspector

All in all there's some decent bands in there I think. Ok so I'm gonna mention that I like La Roux, and will get her album when it comes out, but other than that Bombay Bicycle Club, Marmaduke Duke, The Blackout, Go Audio, Hockey, Marina and the Diamonds, The Joy Formidable. Ok maybe it's just me thats pleased :)

Im pretty happy with the announcement. More bands than usual I wannt to check out in the FR stage.

Im guessing the last 2 bands to be announced for the Saturday are going to be 36Crazyfists and Bowling for Soup (although Im still holding out for The Hold Steady to be on that day)

Looking forward to Dance and Comedy announcement now

Upset about the lack of Death Cab if i'm honest, and I don't usually get wound up about bands not featuring!

Looking forward to Marmaduke Duke, The Rumble Strips, Lightspeed Champion, A Day To Remember, and Magistrates, but other than that i'm thoroughly unmoved.

However, not a bad announcement for most I would imagine, I can understand most of the bookings, EXCEPT Bring Me The Horizon?!

Ridiculous.

There's some alright bands in that announcement. I'll definitely go and see White Denim and Bombay Bicycle Club, and there's a few other bands I'll probably watch clashes permitting.

The headliners are a bit of a letdown though, after all the talk of the likes of Idlewild and Death Cab being there. Maybe they were always a bit unlikely. Disappointed Bon Iver isn't there either.

And I'm very annoyed by Bring Me The Horizon's presence. I wish they'd go away.

hmm, a bit of an odd annoucment. Still some decent bands in there. A Place To Bury Strangers, The Joy Formidable stand out. I would reccomend people check out Titus Andronicus, think a lot of people here would like them. Though seems like bands like White Denim, Fight Like Apes, bombay Biycle Club, Pulled Apart By Horses should have been on last year..

If i was going I would check some of them out though they missed out loads of bands they could have put on. Can't believe they have not got Future Of The Lelft on the bill somewhere, seeing as they are pretty much the best british rock band of the las few years or so...

hmm, a bit of an odd annoucment. Still some decent bands in there. A Place To Bury Strangers, The Joy Formidable stand out. I would reccomend people check out Titus Andronicus, think a lot of people here would like them. Though seems like bands like White Denim, Fight Like Apes, bombay Biycle Club, Pulled Apart By Horses should have been on last year..

If i was going I would check some of them out though they missed out loads of bands they could have put on. Can't believe they have not got Future Of The Lelft on the bill somewhere, seeing as they are pretty much the best british rock band of the las few years or so...