Ladies have you seen any nice waterproof jackets?

Guest sashabella

I am sick to death of my trusty green kagool and would like a new one this year.

I fancy a plastic one. I saw one in a vintage shop in Camden last year, but not sure where else I might find one (wish I'd bought it when I saw it!)

I know Topshop are selling kagools, but that's not what I'm after.

Any ideas?

Thanks xxxx :P

I am sick to death of my trusty green kagool and would like a new one this year.

I fancy a plastic one. I saw one in a vintage shop in Camden last year, but not sure where else I might find one (wish I'd bought it when I saw it!)

Any ideas?

Not that it'll be an issue this year becuase it's going to be sunshine all the way, but I would beware those 'shiny' macs from Primark, Topshop etc - they are pretty, yes, but whether they'd keep you dry through 2007-style rain is another matter.

Milletts normally do pretty macs.

Not that it'll be an issue this year becuase it's going to be sunshine all the way, but I would beware those 'shiny' macs from Primark, Topshop etc - they are pretty, yes, but whether they'd keep you dry through 2007-style rain is another matter.

Milletts normally do pretty macs.

I've been to the last 4 Glastonburys so know all about the downpours!

I do like the look of the Mary Quant number, Stonecircle. Wouldn't want to pay more than about £25 so I'll have to see. Not that I'll need a waterproof of course!

xxxxx

I'll be honest... mine ain't pretty, but when its pissing it down I'd rather stay dry than be in an uber trendy vintage number. I've a trusty North Face... granted it cost me a bit, but really worth it. Breathable too, so you don't cook inside of it. Gortex all the way. xx

Last year I got a funky patterned 1 from H&M....Might still take it...even though My boyf and I got 'Jack-in-a packs' from Millets for this year because they were buy 1,get 1 half price!

They have loads of colours to choose from and fold into themselves in a bag thats in the pocket.

• 10 months later...

Any ideas?

Hello all,

I'm not claming to be a female but I believe I can contribute to the thread. I recently brought a vintage Lacoste windbreaker from ebay. They are 100% waterproof with (now I don't know what the technical term is) string within to tighten the hood and the bottom of the jacket. Really cool as well!

See: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Vintage-Izod-Lacoste...=item5191e0b4ee - you can pick them up for less than £15

there's enough space to layer underneath as well.

I'll get me coat :P x